OT So what do you do?

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
A lot of people on here talk about their work (apologies to anyone unemployed or on disability) I was wondering what everyone does for their job.
I'll kick off: I've been a trained nurse since 1975, a trained children's nurse since 1979, and a health visitor since 1984 with a counselling diploma thrown in lol. My main areas of interest are nutrition (funny enough) behaviour problems in children and speech and language delay in under 5 year olds.

I was a paralegal and training to be a legal executive. For a variety of reasons I left my job and am now temping (still intend to complete my legal exec exams! - eventually!)

Liz

Monday - Friday (9am-5pm) I work as a Psychiatric Administrator for Suffolk Mental Health Partnership.
Saturday - Sunday (7am-6pm every other weekend) I work as a mashall for a trackday company. Basically run around in an orange jumpsuit waving flags lol.

Last edited:
I'm in Uni at the moment studying Forensic Psychology :)

My 'day job' i work as a lunchtime supervisor at my daughters' school ( yeah thats what dinnerladies are called these days!!) I am also a fairly successful Avon lady.
Unpaid i am vice chair of the Governing body at the same school

I am at uni studying Journalism and Media but will hopefully go on to work in PR or as a press officer when I finish next year xx

I was a Senior Staff Nurse on a busy surgical ward, but I had to retire due to ill health 10 years ago - and I still miss it.

I used to be a University tutor, but gave it up to look after my son who is autistic.

I was a children's nanny for 14 years and then trained as a child psychologist, but now work with NVQ army soldiers studying aviation or telecommunications.

I am at uni doing psychology and on placement for three different theraupetic places and being autistic myself is bloody hard work but all worth it :)

I work with the Gypsy and Traveller community as my day job and run my own cake decorating business from home making wedding and celebration cakes.

I'm a full-time Mum to my little boy Tyler, he's nearly 17months and we're moving house on Friday so I don't have time to think let alone work!! Lol. Hey I'll add my OH to this, he's a Senior Signalling Technician on the railway (and waiting to hear back about a promotion eek!). Where are all the guys on here I'm curious what you all do!! Xx

I teach floristry

I'm a discipline clerk for the British army, fab job. Oh and a wife of a soldier which is very hard work at times

im head cook at a local residential home for the elderly, but im looking to get a new job but ive no idea what i want to do, cooking as a job takes the enjoyment out of trying new recipes at home so i dont want to cook for the rest of my life

Back