OT So what do you do?

Hi, I am head of regulatory affairs at a small Japanese pharmaceutical company. I was initially an academic scientist before moving into reg affairs.
Tracy

i'm just a boring stay at home mum :eek:

my OH has always worked in factories, but since being made redundant 3 times in 2 years he started working as a kitchen porter locally, and has now been promoted to trainee chef and is doing an NVQ alongside it :)

I am an office administrator for a body shop..My oh is a booking clerk for one of the big supermarkets.

I'm a physio in a community hospital doing elderly care rehab.

I'm an auditor for a big company, amongst other things!!

I always wanted to be a nurse but life never really took that course for one reason or another!

Madferret - I relate to that I am also in IT the only girl in an all male team of eight.

We support the whole probation service for England and Wales as well as handling data issues with HMP too.

I also run an after school drama class at my youngest daugters school cause a long time ago I was not in IT and was performing for a living.

I was a Medical Secretary but now I work as PA to the Managing Director of a building firm ....... not a great position to be in in the current financial climate but I enjoy it! x

Hi, I work part-time as a Nutrition Administrator for a Home Enteral Feeding Dietitian. - ironic isn't it!!! The rest of the time I'm a mother to two sons.
:)

I recently graduated, studied english literature and am trying to get a job, am considering going back to uni to become a teacher.

Last edited:
I was a Customer Service Manager for an IT & Telecoms company for over 6 years but im actually in the process of being made redundant :(

My plan B is to finish my PT course so i can become fully qualified and start working for myself and continue my training for the Fire Service fitness exam. The next intake is in Janury so im going to apply without a shaddow of a doubt as health wise i will be good to go by then.

Its funny how being put in a situation like redundancy can really make you re-think your goals in life. I wanted to do all of the above in a few years time but i suppose ive been given a kick up the bum to crack on with it now :p

I am a bookkeeper, and currently do it privately in the evenings and weekends for a few clients.

Full time, I am temping. Initially I started in the accounts department of an internet business to business directory for a couple of weeks but stayed for 14 months. I was then offered a position to cover maternity in their Client Support department.
I love it, as I get to speak to a lot of people on the phone and am learning more about helping people with their web pages.
All experience is good and it's a nice break from constant number crunching.

Back