Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

OT - Tudors

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sticky, 17 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Anyone else LOVE The Tudors series? I am quite into my Tudor history so I avoided it like the plague (no pun intended) when it came out as it doesn't stick to history 100%.

But, I rented series 1 out from Blockbusters one night when the OH was going out and I fell in love totally!

I've seen series 1-2 (bought them on DVD) but missed series 3 (Wikipedia says I did anyway - but not sure if this means in USA or UK).

Cannot find a release date for the DVD boxset...anyone know?

P.S Charles Brandon and Henry VIII are hot with a capital H.O.T!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gategirl76

gategirl76 Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi

I loved these as well and got both box sets for xmas. Season 3 has not yet been shown on BBC 2 yet, so will not be released on DVD here in the UK until after that. I keep checking the Internet to see when it is coming on BBC 2 but there is no sign of it, I thought they would coincide it with the Henry VIII celebrations that are happening but who knows!!

Here's hoping it is soon :D

Jen

PS I agree H.O.T!!!

4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Yes, I love the series, I have the DVD's and the books - I love History, all the characters are brilliantly portrayed (except Henry could do with a bit more weight, LOL..) Series 3 has yet to be shown here.

Jonathon Rhys Myers plays Henry VIII.

5. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I watched some of it but don't like it for exactly the reason you mentioned in your post - historical inaccuracies. I put my hands up to being totally anal about fiction being introduced agt the expense of fact.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.