OT - Tudors

I will succeed!!!
Anyone else LOVE The Tudors series? I am quite into my Tudor history so I avoided it like the plague (no pun intended) when it came out as it doesn't stick to history 100%.

But, I rented series 1 out from Blockbusters one night when the OH was going out and I fell in love totally!

I've seen series 1-2 (bought them on DVD) but missed series 3 (Wikipedia says I did anyway - but not sure if this means in USA or UK).

Cannot find a release date for the DVD boxset...anyone know?

P.S Charles Brandon and Henry VIII are hot with a capital H.O.T!!

Hi

I loved these as well and got both box sets for xmas. Season 3 has not yet been shown on BBC 2 yet, so will not be released on DVD here in the UK until after that. I keep checking the Internet to see when it is coming on BBC 2 but there is no sign of it, I thought they would coincide it with the Henry VIII celebrations that are happening but who knows!!

Here's hoping it is soon :D

Jen

PS I agree H.O.T!!!

Yes, I love the series, I have the DVD's and the books - I love History, all the characters are brilliantly portrayed (except Henry could do with a bit more weight, LOL..) Series 3 has yet to be shown here.

Jonathon Rhys Myers plays Henry VIII.

I watched some of it but don't like it for exactly the reason you mentioned in your post - historical inaccuracies. I put my hands up to being totally anal about fiction being introduced agt the expense of fact.

Back