Other cereal bars than alpen light

vickidyers

Silver Member
Arrrrrggghhhh.....stress!!

I have my shopping delivered from Sainsburys and EVERY week without fail I have 2 boxes of Alpen light bars, a mixture of flavours and I have 2 each day making 1 HEXB

I have just gone to do my shopping online and Sainsburys have completely stopped them. Is this just Sainsburys or are they stopping them!!??

Can anyone think of a good substitute for my HEXB in the morning instead of the alpen light bars - I just don't have time for a bowl of cereal - I eat on the bus in x x:confused:

I can still get them in Asda - I believe the Asda Vitality bars x2 are also a HexB & they taste better than the Alpen ;) (I'm a addict lol).

I know you said you shop in Sainsburys but maybe you could see if somewhere else has them in & make an extra trip? I know I would lol

XxX

I think its just online cause they still have them in store.
Asda online also says they dont stock them yet they have them in store.

I know it defeats the object of having delivery but could you call into the store and stock up the bars so you have them for next few wks?

Tescos still have them.. Have you tried special k bars?

PatchworkPuss said:
Sorry but I don't think the asda ones are a HEB - they don't have enough fibre as far as I can remember

Oh no, I was told they were (& cheaper lol) Ah well, I'll go back to Alpen :) XxX

I've just tried the Aldi (less than 70 cal) Choc & orange - Very tasty. Better than alpen light but sadly just a little smaller.
£1.79 for 6 bars x

Cool thanks guys! There is a tesco not too far from me so I could walk there and stock up every few weeks (the exercise would do me the world of good!)

I have done a bit of further research myself and found that sainsburys BGTY cereal bars are a HEXB (but only 1!)

2 x Asda real strawberry or real apple fruit bars are a HEXB, I could give them a go x

My sainsburys shopping order has arrived and I ordered kelloggs fibre plus bars instead (knowing that only one = HEXB)... but wow am I glad I did!!!

Kelloggs fibre plus bars are fab (got the milk choccolate and the dark choclate ones)........... so never going back to the alpens light bars now!!

:bighug:

Thankyou Kelloggs!!

I've just tried the Aldi (less than 70 cal) Choc & orange - Very tasty. Better than alpen light but sadly just a little smaller.
£1.79 for 6 bars x

I thought they both weighed 21g? So even though the Aldi ones are smaller in size they're more dense?

My vote goes for the Aldi bars definitely...I could eat these all day, especially the chocolate orange ones! :D

Think its pychological cause they look smaller. but are tasty so i'll cope lol x
Thinking will try the kelloggs fibre ones as well

Love the Caramel Hi fi bar too

Getting addicted to cereal bars hehe x

Back