other half wants a bbq on sunday what to do?

imogensmummy

please help!
he wants one for fathers day but im not sure what to do, normally we would get the bbq packs from iceland but obv not now on this diet!

Make some burgers using extra lean mince, add an egg to bind and some herbs and cooked down onions and shape them up (chill for a few hrs before you bbq). Maybe make some kebabs using veg chunks either on their own (oinion, pepper, mushrooms etc) or adding some chunks of meat of your choice. There is also quorn as an option. All of these would be free :)

thanks hun! was thinking of making my own burgers the sw way obv!
didnt think of kebabs!
lots of salad is ok! isnt it?

Yeah have loads of salad, some boiled pots or do them in the oven as chips :D Make your own tomato sauce if you don't want to syn the real thing too. I think most people boil down a box of passata with some seasoning and that works OK although I've never tried it myself.

Yeah have loads of salad, some boiled pots or do them in the oven as chips :D Make your own tomato sauce if you don't want to syn the real thing too. I think most people boil down a box of passata with some seasoning and that works OK although I've never tried it myself.

i think id prefer to just have the ketchup as syns! its not that much lol!
cant wait now! really looking forward to it!

Try the syn free BBQ sauce - delicious!
I always do chicken (marinated in balsamic vinegar) and SW wedges - make garlic mayo with extra light mayo to dip them in!
I adore BBQ's and think that they are incredibly SW friendly!
Enjoy! x

Try the syn free BBQ sauce - delicious!
I always do chicken (marinated in balsamic vinegar) and SW wedges - make garlic mayo with extra light mayo to dip them in!
I adore BBQ's and think that they are incredibly SW friendly!
Enjoy! x

awsome thanks xx with the garlic mayo is it just mayo and crushed garlic??

I was talking about this before!

Quorn Sausages are amazing, you should get some of those in, and they're only 99p at the moment in Tesco! :)

Quorn Sizzling Burgers are also only 99p in Tesco now, they're supposed to be quite yummy! :)

Lean Pork Kebabs with chunks of red and green pepper and onion = amazing!

Also, there's always the syn free KFC that everyone's raving about, cooked on the BBQ?

Either way, I hope your BBQ is LOVELY and that the weather stays amazing for you!

xxx

KFC style chicken cooked in the oven and then finished on the bbq is lovely and crispy.
I make syn free homemade lamb burgers as well - lamb mince, fresh coriander, fresh mint, garlic, tumeric powder, paprika, tandoori powder all blended with some lemon juice and shaped into burgers...delicious!

I'd go for quorn too, then you can have pasta/cous cous/rice salads to bulk things up, if you have a green day.

This is what we are planning to do on sunday go for a nice long walk and then come back and get the BBQ going. Will be having lots of quorn with baked potatoes etc. Hope everyone has a fab day x

See now I love BBQs cos they work so well with the plan! I eat lots of veg kebabs, lean meat & salad til it is coming out my ears.... I might convince hubby to fire ours up tonight if the rain stays away....

Back