Out for curry tonight!!

txrawl

Hi all, I am out for a curry tonight and know that I will want to eat the menu!!! Any thoughts on best choices for a green day (I am a vegetarian). Any help gratefully received, as I don't want to regret it tomorrow! x:D

Vegetable samber (made with lentils) or biriyani are lovely.

Whenever I go out for an Indian I always ask the waiter to ask the kitchen to make my curry with as little oil as possible- everyone is always more than pleased to oblige with this- worth a try?

x

Have just come back from 2 months in Goa and ate curry every single day. Amazingly i found that i have only managed to put on 2lbs over the two months. Like you i'm veggy and my strategy over the weeks was to share a starter, as cocktailprincess says lentil based dishes are good, but anything with potatoes (aloo mutter, aloo gobi etc.) will be tasty and filling. As my (skinny as a stick) partner doesn't have an large appetite we just shared a portion of rice and a naan or paratha. I love deserts but found i was always too full to indulge. As for drinks i stuck to Gin and Tonic and water.

Don't worry too much, go and really enjoy your meal - tomorrow is another day and if you feel you've over-indulged a little just get back to it tomorrow! Have fun

Y :)

chick pea, lentil and veg stuff is good.

Last time I got a vegetable biryani, which was lovely. Just rice and veg, with a veg curry sauce, and an omelette on top!

I would go for a veggie biryani too or dahl and as previously posted, ask the kitchen for less oil - they should be more than happy to oblige.

Also, I'm a sucker for a naan bread but these are 28 syns at least so I really try to avoid these. Poppadoms are about 2 each so these are a better option, albeit not the same sadly!

Enjoy your meal, you've done so well so far and remember it's only one meal, it won't ruin all your hard work.
Jay xx

Hi txrawl

How did your meal go and what did you have to eat??

Whenever I go out for a meal whether it's Chinese, Indian or any other kind I always use flexi syns so that I can have whatever I want. The day before I limit my syns to about 5 and the day after I'll limit syns to about 5 but for the meal itself I'll eat whatever the hell I want. During the day of the meal I'll save all my syns by eating free foods and super free foods only. Afterall this isn't a diet it's a way of life now and 'life' will get in the way once you're at target, so just adjust to what you would do if you were at target.

All the way in the car i was repeating what i was going to order-and when the waiter came I nearly ordered masala sauce and onion bhajis!!!! Lol! Its so inbred in me to eat everything! After that little hiccup I ordered vegetable biriani (11 sins), and bombay potatos (7 sins). i also had a sag bhaji, not sure how many sins, but as it is mainly spinach decided it wouldnt be too bad. All in all, felt good as I was in control. When I have eaten out before I have just thrown in the towell and eaten whatever so felt good not to do that-hope it shows on the scales! Thanks for everyones help-it was great!

I'm out for an indian tonight! Will do EE today. Will either go for chicken dhansak or lamb rogan josh which seem to be the least syns in the book. Or I might have chicken tikka pieces and salad. WIll see how I feel when I get there! I think they'll have started without me so it might be a liquid dinner of vodka, soda and lime for me! ;)

Hi Stacey. Have a lovely evening. I am so impressed with your weight loss-have you got used to it yet? I keep visualizing being slim in the hope it will help! have fun. Tracey x

Back