Pasta and rice pudding on SS

dibzzy

Hi..
can anyone tell me if you can have the new pasta and rice pudding on SS..also how many of the pastas are recommended as they have more cals in than the shakes and porridges..I feel anxious eating the pasta incase it knocks me out of ketosis and stop my weight loss ..thanks in advance for replies

You can have any three products on ss. The bars you have to wait until week 3 to have. There's some anecdotal evidence that the spag Bol slows losses in some people!

Hope you're doing well!

Thanks for the reply..thts a shame cos I really like the spag bol..I'll try one day and if it hinders my loss then ill not bother with it.

You know - and this is my twopenneth, so feel free to disregard - it just doesn't seem possible to me that having spag bol every day would slow your losses. I think this comes from the same school of thought that having a bar every day slows your losses. It might make a difference the first week you do it - that makes a certain kind of sense, some products make you retain slightly more water than others. But if you carry on doing the same the next week, you'll lose your normal amount of weight (or whatever your brain has decided you'll lose this week - we all know that you just won't lose a steady 3 pounds a week, no matter what you do). It's not like you retain water for every bar or spag bol you eat, each bar or meal making you progressively swell up like a water balloon. ;)

If you enjoy it, eat it. Don't go without in the mistaken belief you can speed weight loss up somehow by not having a particular product. They all have roughly the same amount of calories, give or take 50. It's such a low number of calories overall. Cambridge does put you into ketosis, but that isn't why it works so well - it's because you aren't consuming much food! (It's believed that ketosis is the thing that makes it bearable, sure - but the jury's out on exactly how and why).

This plan is hard enough without putting limits on what you can and can't have. The truth is, we often have absolutely no idea why we can lose 5lbs one week and nothing the next, despite sticking to plan 100%. My theory is it has nothing to do with the type of product you ate - and everything to do with how well you are, what your hormone balance is this week - in short, how well your body dealt with burning your fat in the face of calorie restriction.

The only reason I said about the spag Bol is that when I was a consultant those who had it regularly seemed to slow in their losses but when they stopped having it their losses increased. As I say it's anecdotal and it shouldn't stop anyone having it just something to be aware of!

The only reason I said about the spag Bol is that when I was a consultant those who had it regularly seemed to slow in their losses but when they stopped having it their losses increased. As I say it's anecdotal and it shouldn't stop anyone having it just something to be aware of!

But what you've said will stop someone having it, especially now you've mentioned you were a consultant.

I think we can get overly bogged down in anecdotals. If spag bol genuinely caused a problem, Cambridge would withdraw it from sale. Losses vary enormously from week to week. You can't attribute differences in weekly losses to consumption of a particular product.

The differences weren't week to week but over a longer period. I was merely letting people know my experience of those products in response to a question that was asked.

Back