Pasta & Porridge

Hi, happy new year! :)

I like both the porridge and carbonara

I find the porridge quite sweet which I like but find I get better results cooking it in a saucepan, when I made it in the microwave it just would not thicken up and ended up lumpy and overflowing in the microwave

The carbonara basically tastes like pasta in a cheesy bacon flavoured sauce, I follow the instructions on the pack but leave to soak a couple of minutes before cooking to soften the pasta up, I also use a large mixing bowl to cook in as it does bubble up!

Yeah lol, I brought a mixed bumper pack and a winter warmer bumper pack and alternate the days so I don't get bored, although I would eat the porridge for breakfast everyday if I could get a build your own pack for the same price as the mixed bumper pack!

I tried the carbonara for lunch today.. The sauce didn't seem to thicken up?!!!!! Was ok though, bit of a funny after taste but wouldn't say I disliked it... Will try the porridge either for dinner or brekkie tomorrow

love them both! porridge - I use 150 mls just boiled water, stir in slowly so no lumps and do 1 min in micro, stir then 1 min more. yum :)

carbonara - 130 mls just boiled and stir in so no lumps, 30 secs in micro, stir, 30 secs, stir, 30 secs again (otherwise I get cheese volcano) then leave for a mo. generally thickens but I don't mind it a little runnier!

X

love them both! porridge - I use 150 mls just boiled water, stir in slowly so no lumps and do 1 min in micro, stir then 1 min more. yum :)

carbonara - 130 mls just boiled and stir in so no lumps, 30 secs in micro, stir, 30 secs, stir, 30 secs again (otherwise I get cheese volcano) then leave for a mo. generally thickens but I don't mind it a little runnier!

X

Ooh thanks for the tips! I tried the porridge this morning using the method you described above and it was really nice!

I'm soooo glad to hear that! I've just swapped my soups for the carbonara x

I found the porridge a bit glupy. It's more like warm milk with a fre porridge oats in it, it's edible though. The pasta is really nice. Very similar to a packet macaroni cheese mix. I've tried everything apart from the soups and they are all nice (apart frm the porridge)

I found the porridge a bit glupy. It's more like warm milk with a fre porridge oats in it, it's edible though. The pasta is really nice. Very similar to a packet macaroni cheese mix. I've tried everything apart from the soups and they are all nice (apart frm the porridge)

I found that with the porridge too, it was just a runny mess with clumps in it. Trying again tomorrow but with less water and going to try and whisk it

150mls hot water stirred in bit by bit gets rid of lumps the micro for 1min stir then micro another min. Should be creamy thick and yum! X

I make my porridge in a saucepan stiring constantly and don't get any lumps

Best decision ever changing from soups and shakes to porridge and pasta!

I sieve the carbonara and boil the pasta in a saucepan until cooked then mix it in with 130mls water and the sauce mix, bring to boil stirring for a couple of minutes. :D

do the pasta and porridge change weight lose results? compared against having shakes. i used to have 2 shakes and a bar a day and im looking at having the winter warmer pack so 1porridge 1 bar then 1 pasta. xx

Back