Pasta Sauces

Magic Mummy

Banned
I love pasta but am a bit bored of the same old sauces.... Can anyone inspire me?
:D

What sauces do you use currently??

I make a great arrabiata one, garlic, red onion, chilli in fry light then add tinned tomatoes and a sprinking of sweetener and simmer down.

It's a firely little number and great with some prawns and rocket tossed through towards the end of cooking.

The carbonara SW style is lovely too - bacon and garlic in frylight then whisk up some egg yolks with quark and loads of seasoning and toss through the cooked hot pasta to heat. Serve with HEX serving of parmasan.

How about grating some courgette and cooking with spring onions and frozen peas, stir through the cooked pasta and add a squeeze of lemon juice and a bit of zest if you like for a lovely spring pasta dish.

I love chunky veggie sauces which I have with pasta shells. Just soften an onion in fry lite, add some garlic. Then add some par boiled carrots and a tin of tomatoes (I like tinned cherry toms). To this add mushrooms, mixed herbs of your choice and salt and pepper. I also put in peppers, courgettes and sometimes aubergine. It is really tasty and filling and makes a lovely dinner. You can use a HEXA of cheese to grate on the top too.

Back