Pasta Sauces

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Magic Mummy, 16 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Magic Mummy

Magic Mummy Banned

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(6.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love pasta but am a bit bored of the same old sauces.... Can anyone inspire me?
    :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

What sauces do you use currently??

I make a great arrabiata one, garlic, red onion, chilli in fry light then add tinned tomatoes and a sprinking of sweetener and simmer down.

It's a firely little number and great with some prawns and rocket tossed through towards the end of cooking.

The carbonara SW style is lovely too - bacon and garlic in frylight then whisk up some egg yolks with quark and loads of seasoning and toss through the cooked hot pasta to heat. Serve with HEX serving of parmasan.

How about grating some courgette and cooking with spring onions and frozen peas, stir through the cooked pasta and add a squeeze of lemon juice and a bit of zest if you like for a lovely spring pasta dish.

Magic Mummy likes this.
  4. DearFatty

DearFatty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(28.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love chunky veggie sauces which I have with pasta shells. Just soften an onion in fry lite, add some garlic. Then add some par boiled carrots and a tin of tomatoes (I like tinned cherry toms). To this add mushrooms, mixed herbs of your choice and salt and pepper. I also put in peppers, courgettes and sometimes aubergine. It is really tasty and filling and makes a lovely dinner. You can use a HEXA of cheese to grate on the top too.

Magic Mummy likes this.
  5. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    I put anything I can find in my sauces!!! Including a heap of garlic :)

I've invested in loads more herbs and spices recently as well like Cayenne pepper, paprika, mint, turmeric, bay leaves... I just make up recipes as I go along - trial and error, just experiment and have fun!

Magic Mummy likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.