Pasta Tomato Sauce Recipe

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by rosie1608, 18 February 2008 Social URL.

1. rosie1608

rosie1608 Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a syn-free or low syn recipe for a basic tomato, veg and herb pasta sauce?
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    Tinned toms one galic flavour and one onion/mixed herb
    mixed herbs
    onions
    cellery
    mushrooms
    peppers red and yellow
    sweetner to take the sharpness off -teaspoon

For 1 syn add tomato ketchup

Hope this helps
    Ruthy xxx

4. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love pasta with a sauce, i do a really quick simple one but i love it. I finely chop half an onion and sweat it off, add 3 garlic cloves, then add a tinned toms and simmer, reduce it down by about half add 1 teaspoon of sweetner. I then add dried mixed herbs or if i have any i prefer fresh basil stirred in at the last minute.

To make it a bit different, or if i just want to pig out a bit i sometimes add cooked and sliced Quorn sausages.

5. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    mmmm.. bumpy.. that sounds luuuush!!!!!!!
    x x

6. rosie1608

rosie1608 Member

Thank you Bumpy, I made that one last night and had it with spaghetti and 3 Quorn sausages. Very nice! On another Green Day today and got the leftover spaghetti for lunch, cold with chopped cucumber and tomato and Hellman's Extra Light.

7. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Glad you liked it. I like spaghetti lunch too, for somthing a little different i add ham or bacon (healthy x) chopped up, spring onion and 3 x laughing cow cheese triangles (healthy x). Yummy......oooo making me hungry.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.