**PEP-TALK NEEDED**

Emz33

Hi everyone,

So I started Cambridge on the 20th of March weighing 19stone,shocked when I got on the scales, never the less ive lost 3 stone 2 lbs so far on ss+ had stuck with it 99% of the time and love the Cambridge diet im 16 stone which is still heavy but everyone keeps saying how well I look.:eek: Which im trilled about.

Anyway I got back surgery 2 weeks ago due to a fall I had, I changed my plan to 1000kcal leading up to operation. In hospital I came out of ketosis due to toast carbs etc being served. Have had a few headaches.

Ive been out of hospital a week and I decided to get straight back into it, except I got Chinese the other night bad I know but I wanted a treat.I hope im not slipping because I really wana have my last 4 stone gone by September. I can barely get the 1000kcals down me im not use to it so im kind of just doing ss+ with extra food and more veg.

So I need you guys to give me a good talking to and get myself back to it 100% im loosing MOTIVATION I THINK...

HELP

E x:jelous:

Im pretty sure your not allowed to do ss for 3 months after surgery but check with your consultant

Sorry, I agree with above you aren't allowed to go onto SS for medical reasons that close to surgery. Your body needs extra to recover, that is not to say you can't follow one of the plans but it can't be step 1 or 2.

Good luck finding the balance that is right for you.

I'm with the others - don't jeopardise your recovery from surgery by jumping back in too soon - be sensible, stick to the right level until you are fully recovered and given the go ahead and then get back on the SS journey. Happened to me 2 years ago - minor shoulder op after a fall but I had to take 3 months off.

You have to come off Cambridge while you recover as you need calories to heal properly. Your consultant needs to contact Cambridge to discuss when you can restart but will be minimum 4 weeks. Madness

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies, I understand this that's why I moved up my calorie intake to 1000cals per day finding it hard to eat that much tho. Spoke to the consultant and he sed I can start ss+ in 4-6 wks as the scar tissue will be healed and the risks of being obese are actually much worse.

I need the pep talk to stop thinkin about Chinese,pizza etc as im prob out of ketosis now so need to get back into it.

E x

Hi, sorry to butt in :)

While I agree than SS is not recommended after surgery - just remember that even eating 1000 calories is creating a massive deficit. You burn over 1400 just breathing. So your still going to lose weight on 1000 cals.

Try to lose the "all or nothing" mentality. Just because you cant SS, doesnt mean you have to eat pizza and ruin all your hard work.

Imagine that you are training yourself up for when you get to target. When you lose the last 3 stone you will need to learn how to eat sensibly and keep the weight off. So might as well start now while you have 6 weeks off.

Back