Peperami Joy!

ruthiebusybee

I was super excited (well, maybe not excited as such) to find that peperamis are only 2.5 syns per regular stick!

EDIT - see messages below - the regular ones are actually 4.5 syns not 2.5! Still, 4.5 syns is okay in my book, they stick packs loads of flavour!!!

Excellent!

I love using it in pasta sauces and stuff for extra flavour. Or as a naughty little treat! :D

Last edited:
Oooh brilliant! I just asumed they would be really high. I'll have to stock up with some! Would be handy to have as a snack when I get in from work and starving!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

according to syns online on SW website the regular sticks are 4.5 syns on extra easy or original, 6.5 syns on green???

the lunchbox mini's are 1 syn on extra easy or original, 2 syns on green.

Oh, the Food Directory said the minis, which are 10g are 1.0 syn each, and as the normal sticks are 25g I calculated they would be 2.5 syns.

Which should I go by?

The 25g ones are definatley 4.5 syns, going by syns online and by entering the nutritional information into the syns calculator.

I can only assume that the nutritional information is quite different from the 10g one compared to the 25g one.

Oh that sucks. Oh well, 4.5 syns is still okay really. Will edit top message so browsers don't go by the original message!

Thanks for double-checking! :D

yep just looked at the nutritional information for the mini's compared to the regular ones, the difference is HUGE. So the ingredients must be slightly different.

the 10g one only has 3 grams of fat, where as the regular one has 11g

Plus the mini one is only 38 calories and the regular is 126.

4.5 syns isn't too bad though really, and the flavour in them is quite strong, so you could probably use it in a recipe split for a couple of people which would of course bring the syns down per person ;)

Ooo, the sneaky devils! I shall buy the little ones and eat multiples! LOL!

Wonder why they do that.

I shall report later this weekend on the taste difference of the two!

Thank you so much ladies.

This is a bonus find for me as I love peperami especially sliced finely and tossed into a free salad with my own dressing of fromage frei 0% fat with one tablespoonful of blue dragon sweet chili sauce..........1 syn, I think. I am sure you will let me know if I am wrong.

So , calculate half a regular peperami plus the dressing ..... less than 4 syns.
Not bag in my book.

I know what I will be taking to work on Sunday.

animal2.gif

So, 'market research' carried out at the weekend...........and............ mini peperamis are just as yummy as the larger ones.

The mini ones are advertised as 30% lower fat all over the packaging, hence the difference in syn values between the two.

They are fairly expensive at almost £2.50 for 10, but if you limit yourself to 1 or 2 per lunch, that's not bad really.

They are also super yummy on a homemade lighter version of pizza!

:clap:

Back