Period and cravings, any tips?

noname314

I've been eating much healthier for nearly three weeks now, barely had any junk, all sweets banned from the house, etc and have been doing great! However Ive reached a stumbling block, my period is on the way and all I can think of is sweets, it's actually overwhelming.
Any tips? Or foods that are healthy but will still give me some sugar rush? Grapes help a bit.

Sorry for the silly post, I know some of you have been at your journey way longer than my short 3 weeks!!

I know how you feel when you say it is overwhelming, I find having a drink of options will help ease the choccie cravings, grapes, bananas and sugar free jellies also help me when I get those sweet tooth cravings.
Good luck xx

Thank you bin, not doing that great but will soldier through as good as I can

the sugar free jelly is a great idea also you can get sugar free ice lollies they dont have any colour to them and they are soooo tasty and not bad for you at all look out for them in ur local supermarket

I seem to have gotten over the blip somewhat successfully (a little junk food here and there but really tried to limit it and eat it consiously rather than just stuff myself) Period still not here so not even sure what happened there.

Will definitelly keep the jelly in mind for next time but it seems more bread and pastry I'm craving rather than sweets, I always thought I'm a hopeless chocoholic but now 3 weeks into it and I barely think of sweets. I still miss bread, pita bread, pasta and any pastries really bad some days :eek:

I see from your ticker you are loosing nicely there, well done! And good luck! And thanks for listening to my moan, I was feeling quite low when I posted, but now that I'm over it I know next time when it happens I can survive it. All times before I would have fallen off the wagon at this point! ;)

Hey chick,
i've been on my weight loss journey 3 months and lost 3 and a half stone :)
I always used to crave things when being on my period (i'm on now) but luckily the diet i'm on which is Cambridge you can have 1 of their chocolate bars a day, which i have at night so thats something to look forward to! Drink lots of water though because water passes hunger believe it or not, and if you do need to snack, snack on somethng with very little calories! x

Thanks Sinead! You are probably right about the water, will try to drink a glass first when feeling hungry and then have food after and see if it helps :)

Well done you on your weightloss journey, I'm not sure if I'd manage to survive for 3 months with no solid food, do the craving for "real" food go away as your body gets used to the shakes?

Haha i'll be doing this until the end of the year, but thank you!! :) x

Can one of you nice ladies explain why women do struggle to lose weight while they are on? I've never quite understood it, no one has ever told me why... sorry for the niave question

This is my current prediciment at the moment, it isnt even so much wanting sweets its more wanting to eat junk, but luckily the end is almost near and I think I have passed the hardest part.
A couple of nights ago, I really wanted some chocolate.. or something sweet.. I knew I had a bag full of grapes so just sat and ate a few handfuls of those and... it really helped and my craving for the choc went away. I am on Slimming World, so I had enough syns for the chocolate but I thought to myself that, that shouldn't be a reason if I can find an alternative which I did

Can one of you nice ladies explain why women do struggle to lose weight while they are on? I've never quite understood it, no one has ever told me why... sorry for the niave question
Not sure if I understand your question properly Hannah - "while they are on"? Water retention maybe, or hormonal changes?

Well done for getting through it Jodie!! I had grapes few times too, that was my "cheat" :) It may have pushed my calorie intake slightly higher than expected but at least they are healthy

It finally came after being a week late and I'm actually in quite bareable form!! Not sure if the lack of sugar lately has had a stabalising effect on my hormones overall, or just got all the "madness" out of my system the week earlier, but I'm usually in awful mood for the first few days, and now I'm in great form!:)

Plus I know I can definitelly deal with it better next month!

I always go for Eton mess when I'm desperately craving yummyness!! Crumbled meringue nest (around 55cals) 25g of low fat spray cream (around 50cals) and as much chopped fruit as you fancy. Strawberries are an obvious but frozen rasberrys work well (use a little sweetener as they defrost) and for a real sugar hit dice a banana into it lol. Low cal and if you make look pretty in a glass it feels very indulgent.

For sheer speedy chocolateyness keep a curly wurly in the fridge!!! Takes a while to chow down lol

This is me right now, I want sweets. I've been on the WW recipe swap page and made a batch of flapjacks and put angel delight in some shot glasses -the smaller disposable ones.

Back