PET'S CORNER - for all those with furry friends..

when i,ve got enuf posts i can put up pictures! but i,m probably the biggest pets geek. i work for the biggest uk pet retailer! i have 3 jack rustlers molly-monty-poppy 3 cats macy-tommy-winnie 3 ponies spirit-cleo-cracker 1 hamster nacho cheese!! fish dont have names as i have so many ! oh apart from Colin the japenese Koi. told u i was a geek!!!how did i get so fat running after this lot??

I have 2 Chocolate Labs - Brecon (my lil man) and Tirion (my lil lady), 2 Guinea Pigs - Marmite and Cheese, a tank of tropical fish, one house pigeon - Houdini (being hand raised until big enough to go back into the loft), 14 Fantail doves, 2 exhibition fantail doves and 12 White racing pigeons - all of which are named but to many to list!

We had to have our Rollie put to sleep last year as he had a spinal tumour and his back legs did not work properly. At first he just looked a bit drunk but over the next few months he got worse and worse as was eventually just dragging his back legs along. The vet gave him steroid injections every few weeks which helped for a while but eventually eve n they stopped working, the vet was worried that Rollie's kidneys or bladder were going to be affected and he started not being able to go to toilet. It broke my heart to have him put to sleep but I believe it was the right thing to do. I cried for days afterward. (I'm crying now typing this!!!) He was such an affectionate loving cat, he would come running when I called him in the garden and when I was gardening he would come a lie by my side, he would snuggle up in bed and rub his face on you, sometimes combing your hair with his fangs which poked out a bit. He was also very vocal and would let you know when he wanted something.
untitled12.jpg

untitled.jpg

Our Rollie Pollie :cry::wave_cry:

We were so lost without a cat around the house that when the pain had gone a bit we went to our local Animal Rescue centre and fell in love with not one but two kittens (7 months old) who were brothers and had to be homed together. Had we bitten off more than we could chew. Only time would tell.

They settled in really well and we have now had them nearly a year. They are both very different characters and cats as you can see in the photo. Ripple is small but bullies Smudge. Smudge is quite a bit bigger and more adventourous but quite clumsy.

DSC00295.jpg

Ripple on my computer chiar with me
DSCN1843.jpg

Smudge

I've got two kitties, I had 3 but my man cat passed away in August, so lovely and handsome he was, his name was Muffet...miss him every day.

My others are girls, Tinkerbell who is a senior cat, but all little because she'd not had the best life before I adopted her and Jasmine who is the new addition to the family, had her since she was 8 weeks old and she's now 15 months.

I will post some pictures of my girls and my boy later. I'm a proper cat lover, I think, nah...KNOW I like them more than I like most people.

YummyMummy, I went through a similar thing with one of my cats. His name was Nance and he had cancer. The vet gave him steroid injections and they worked for a while but he suddenly went rapidly downhill and the day we let him go was the worst day of my life :cry:
Our other cat Sid was pining for him as they had been together since Sid was 4 months old so I decided to get a kitten to keep him company .. which ended up being 2 kittens, Millie and Milo!
I still miss Nance like crazy, it was the first anniversary of his death last week and I had a small pawprint tattoo done in his memory!

I'll put some photos up when I am allowed!!

my two boys' Siberian husky- Max. (5yrs 8months) & Golden Labrador- Toby. (5yrs 6months)

They drive me insane at times, but i do love them :D they've been with me through alot of tough times when hubby was away with army...

when they were pups...
max & toby (2).JPGmax & toby (5).JPGmax & toby (6).JPGmax (7).JPGtoby (12).JPG

more recent pics....
7months old (23).jpg7th feb 12 (5).jpg

Hi Pet People :)

I have 3 working border collies, they're completely mental and completely lovely. Patch (13) Bessie (4) and Alfie (3) Once I can post pictures I will put some up. Anyone else have collies?

P x

<3primrose<3 said:
<3 Jess... your husky is GORGEOUS!!!

thank you. he's a right bugger though!! lol

IMAG0060.jpgIMAG0061.jpg
Here's Herbie, my little baby Spitz/Chihuahua mix when he was just 2 months old.
He's 6 months now and cute as hell, and boy does he know it. He's a total flirt & uses it against us when we're mad!
Myself and my OH have nicknames for him. Chick-Magnet, because he DEMANDS attention from women (never fails) when we're out walking.
The other name is Passion-Killer, 'cause if we show the slightest bit of affection towards each other he cries with jealousy or wants in on the action! :p
Seriously he has the personality of a child sometimes and a stroppy teenager other times.
We love him though!!

Camo.jpgThis is Camo she my fluffy very annoying buddy. Shes part Manx so she has a stub of a tail and looks like a rabbit when she runs, so cute. I really want a Husky puppy, but I need a bigger yard first.

This is my 18 month old pug Oscar :D:D taken by my lovely other half who enjoys photography in his spare time :)

1010725_10151675889172937_1096806948_n.jpg

Back