Picnic Ideas

Hello!

I'm heading to a pop festival at the weekend, both me and my friend are on slimming world. Does anyone have any good recipes for what we could take for our picnic? if you have quiche recipies or anything that we can munch on that would be fab!!

Thanks!
N x

Pasta or Rice salad. Both lovely cold.

ainsley hariott cous cous is nice. you can make it up before and have it cold with salad or whatever. boiled eggs.... chopped grilled and seasoned chicken. the nandos marinades are very very low syn and make cold meat lovely. alpen light bars as hex b. cold pasta salad with tuna and salad maybe?

SW Quiche - made mine with just chestnut mushrooms, onions and red peppers - very moreish and all free

SW KFC style chicken...delicious! The recipe is in the recipe forum on here. I believe there is also a few threads about picnic ideas if you do a search.

I love cold potato & pepper omlette. Fry one sliced red and one yellow pepper in fry light with one large diced onion. When nearly soft add diced cooked new potatoes and fry a little more. Add three whisked eggs (I put a tblsp of water in the mix for each egg) and cook slowly until no longer liquid. Finish off under the grill.

Lovely hot, but even nicer cold!

Chicken drumsticks
Pork kebabs
low syn sausages
cucumber/pepper/carrot sticks with low syn dip or salsa

Back