Pilates v yoga

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by amm451, 10 August 2009 Social URL.

1. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Just wondering whats the difference?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    How long is a piece of string? Pilates basically (as I understand it )works on the core muscles and lengthens through stretches. (could be wrong) But yoga encapsulates far more. Breathing is a big part of yoga and it is far more holistic. It involves meditation and balances the body. Abit like Thai chi, there are yin/yang other systems that get out of sequence that can be balanced whereas pilates is all about strengthening your core muscles

4. rhuba

rhuba i really don't know life

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    optimum nutrition and lots of exercise!
    if you're unsure about which to try, do yogalates!

i've got all the dvds in the yogalates range and they're incredible! (just type it in in amazon) it encompasses the flexibility and meditative elements of yoga with the muscle strengthening and toning of Pilates and targets your whole body.

i'm a big fan :)

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I have one of those too, I must dig it out!

6. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Rhuba, Yeah I have all the yogalates series too, but your woman's voice drives me insane. I just bought 10 minute solutions dvds and love them.

Judi mac, thanks for the info... really started to explain it to me.... I think I got confused when I did the yogalates!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.