pizza

Search for the smash pizza thread.
I make my own - you have to syn it - all depends on how much flour etc, but eating one every Saturday night hasn't stopped me from losing weight. Be careful what you put on top.

Tesco wholemeal bread mix. Im presuming its still the same.. If i remember rightly its 37g for a hex b?? I used to make bases with 3 b's worth and 3 a's of cheese. By the time you load it up with mushrooms , peppers and whatever else a third of it was enough! Very nice cos its proper bread base. Takes a bit of time but is well worth it. My kids love helping me make it and tell me its lovely!! Xx

I did the smash pizza the other day and i have to say i quiet enjoyed it.
In the morning i added about half a tub of smash and added enough water to make a kind of dough ball.
sprayed some foil with fry light then rolled to pizza shape basis onto the foil and left them in the fridge to chill. When i was ready to make tea i cooked them in the over for bout 15 mins to crisp up the base, brought them back out of the oven, added tomato puree, onions, peppers, mushroom, sweetcorn and a small amount of cheese. put back in oven for another 15 mins. will make them again :)

Pete’s Pizza (Revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

125g Instant mash (ff)
1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings
45g Mozzarella cheese (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
45g Reduced fat Cheddar (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
6 slices Chorizo sausage (0.5syn each slice)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Pineapple slices (s) (sff) (0.5syn)

Method
Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

Mini Pizza.jpgMini Pizza-2.jpgMini Pizza-3.jpgMini Pizza-4.jpgMini Pizza-5.jpg

Back