Please can anyone help me?

MrsPForever

Hi everyone,
I'm very new on here, and wondered if anyone could give me some pointers as to recipe's on a budget (that don't include fish!).

I've not long lost my hubby and am trying to do everything I can for my young son and myself, one of them is that I need to lose weight properly (have lost 2 stone very quickly, but that was through stress and just not eating!). Also need to get my son to eat properly again!

I'm useless at sorting out menu's as breakfast always lets me down and lunches are hard as they have to be 'eat at the desk' things that don't need heating etc.

I know this is all a big ask, but I'm a bit lost with everything at the mo, and so desperately want to be slimmer!

(My step daughter is also getting married soon, and I soooooo want to look nice for her day so that my hubby would be proud of us both from up above!)

Thank you all in advance.

Hi everyone,
I'm very new on here, and wondered if anyone could give me some pointers as to recipe's on a budget (that don't include fish!).

I've not long lost my hubby and am trying to do everything I can for my young son and myself, one of them is that I need to lose weight properly (have lost 2 stone very quickly, but that was through stress and just not eating!). Also need to get my son to eat properly again!

I'm useless at sorting out menu's as breakfast always lets me down and lunches are hard as they have to be 'eat at the desk' things that don't need heating etc.

I know this is all a big ask, but I'm a bit lost with everything at the mo, and so desperately want to be slimmer!

(My step daughter is also getting married soon, and I soooooo want to look nice for her day so that my hubby would be proud of us both from up above!)

Thank you all in advance.

Firstly sorry for your loss Sue, and welcome to minis. If you look at the top of the main slimming world page, there are some sub forums, and one of them is recipes. If you have a look in there, there are hundreds of threads with recipes etc :)
Also in this section, there are 3 fab threads called what's for breakfast? What's for lunch? And what's for dinner? People post daily in those and it should help you with inspiration. Good luck xx
Have also just bumped a thread for you, called Before you start a new thread' it gives you a quick overview of minimins and explains where to find things x

Hiya!

Sorry to hear about your loss (hug)

I'm on a budget too, some weeks I have 140 to pay bills and do shopping, not alot!

When your used to the plan you will be familiar with things you will need handy all the time so stock up when they are on offer :)

Weetabix x2 is a good healthy extra B for breakfast, experiment with different fruit to mix things up. I use asdas own brand of weetabix though.

Morrisons usually have the offers for 50p fruit & veg :)

Roast dinners are cheap and cheerful, farmfoods do really nice frozen veg, so you'll always have it in and won't go out of date.

A simple bolognese sauce that I make is:

1 can of chopped tomatoes, drained (smart price)
1 carton of passata (smart price)
1 tsp of very lazy garlic (1 jar will last ages)
Chopped onion
1 oxo beef cube
Sprinkle of oregano (again, will last u ages)
Salt
Pepper

Also I sometimes throw in a handful of mixed frozen peppers.

Colmans chilli com carne mix is 7syns a packet and split between a few people becomes a low syn chilli.

I use smart price beans, spaghetti, smart price pasta etc..

Usually super noodles, pasta n sauce, mugshots and savoury rice are on offer too.

Freeze your bread and take it out as you need it, saves it from going not so fresh or out of date.

Mini milk lollies are little hero's, you can get 2 boxes for £3 in asda, and for 1.5 syns each they would be a nice little treat for you & your kids :)

But the desk lunch thing, if you have a kettle, the mugshots are really useful to have around. You can usually get them cheaper in poundland or home bargains, just double check syn values to what flavour you buy.

Lobby doesn't cost much to make and if you have a slow cooker you can throw it all in, in the morning and have it for tea. Maybe even at your desk the next day if there's any leftover if you have a microwave.

Good luck to you :)

Thank you both so much, I'll go and have a mooch tomorrow! Off to get the shopping in the afternoon so will have a look first!

Thanks for showing me how to do it too!

Take care and nunnight x

Your welcome :) night night

Back