PLEASE - Ditch the scales, I beg you!

I have learned that weighing myself whilst on a diet and trying to lose weight, is not good for me. You cannot possibly lose weight every day, no matter how "good" you are, but something inside me gets very upset about this. I am MUCH better to just get weighed by CDC once a week - this by passess all the highs and lows which follow weghing myself, and keeps my eye on the "big picture".
When I am at goal, that will be different. I shall need to learn then, how to monitor my own weight, and maintain. (Something I have failed miserably at in the past) Maybe then daily weighing would be of some value to me. We'll see.
Ann x

Oh honey... you don't do ya? We fluctuate all through the day with the amount of fluids and food we consume.... that is just pure torture!!

Come on, you are my idol, i know you're just teasting lol

LOL. Not teasing at all. I have a morning weight, an evening weight, even a Tuesday morning weight, and a weekly record weight.:D

It's the one addiction that isn't doing me any harm, so I'm sticking with it.

I think the difference is, I'm not a slave to it. Regardless of what it says, I eat the same. If I have a bad day and the scales show a loss, I still make up with it by having an extra good day, as I know that I have eaten too much and I'll pay for it somewhen.

My usual response to the scales are "hey...fancy that" with a smile. Whether it's showing more or less. I know what I can eat, and standing on the scales, is a complete waste of energy, but for some reason it makes me smile.

Weird sense of humour you see

Oh..and when I was dieting, I did the same, but took the weekly weigh as the more 'serious' one. :D

I also weigh myself everyday - in the morning - naked, before food or drink, after a wee and if Im really lucky after a poo!!!!:eek: :D

Sorry to be graphic!!!

However - I NEVER EVER weigh myself in the evening - oh my goodness the braveness of people who do that :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!

I would feel lost without my scales - sad I know - but true:rolleyes:

Tasha

Ok I have the theme tune to Different Strokes going through my head now and I had forgotten all about that programme :rolleyes:

What u talking about chicken?!

Thanks for sharing the song worm!! :rolleyes:

Altogether now:

'now the world don't move
to the beat of just one drum
what might be right for you
may not be right for some....'

OMG, how shameful I remember the words :eek::eek::eek:

I am having a go at scale abstinance as they were making me behave very oddly, I kept whizzing back to SS for a week and losing a few lbs then eating the next week and putting my glycogen back on, then i would have a few good weeks and then i would have a bad one , go up a few lbs and then panic and back to Ssing again. It was making me very disatisfied with myself and that is not how i wanted to live my life, so i am going to have a month of trying to eat in a low GI way, take a bit of exercise and try to stayaway from the scales to see how i get on, my poor body doesnt know which way is up at the moment and i need to allow it some time to get used to regular food and not panic that i am going to starve it every few weeks. I will keep you posted , am missing the scales though at the moment, although i dont think getting on them will make me happy as i do feel a little podgey around my tum today!!

When I first started CD way back in February my CDC never weighed or measured me just sold me the packs. So I have always done my own weighing. It hasn't done me any harm. I just make sure it is first thing in the morning after the first wee and always wearing the same clothes and I do this most mornings but have the Monday reading as my official one. Sometimes I have put on and seeing the scales that bit heavier makes me keep it in check and i then concentrate on a good day.

But everyone is different. I am quite happy with everyday weighing and don't get stressed about it, others would. There's no right or wrong answer.
Irene xx

Back