Please help me!

helgaw99

Dear all,

I am in week 4 of SS and doing really well. Have lost 19 pounds so far and am loving it.

However, I have been struck down with awful flu this week. The proper kind- high temp, sickness, aching body etc. I have managed to stick to SS but I am feeling so weak and it seems to be taking forever to start to feel better.

I am considering eating a decent meal tonight to try and give myself some energy. I just don't see how it is possible to get better on so few calories. What do people think? Do you eat when ill? Am I just making an excuse to eat?

Thanks in advance
Hx

Calories won't "make you better" - vitamins and minerals help you fight off things like the flu, hence the time-tested thing od driking fresh juice and eating oranges for Vitamin C when feeling ill.

You can't get more vits&mins from a meal than you do from your packs, and while eating something "real" may make you feel better in the short term, chances are you'll feel guilty straight afterwards, and then if you don't lose as much this week as you'd like, you'll blame the meal, add pressure to yourself for next week etc. etc.

Plus, you don't want to go down the path of equating feeling ill with eating then feeling better, as then you'll fully believe that food makes you feel good - which is part of the reason we are overweight in the first place!

Hope you feel better soon :)

i would stick to your shakes honey. maybe move up to the 810 plan for a couple of days if you want to? get a couple of veggies in you that way? but pete is right. you get far more nutrients from the packs than you would from eating normally.

abz xx

Back