please help!

nessie35

hi
ive been on the lighter life diet for 3 days only but im suffering as i dont like the taste of any of the food pack!
any hints please!!??

thank you!

Convince yourself you like it. ;) A lot of it may by psychological, or may indeed be genuine. But since you cannot add anything to the packs, you are kind of stuck.

I did find some shake flavours, for me, required a lot of sweetners added - mainly the chocolate. I never used them before, but added them and it made a huge difference.

Jus ttry not to think of it ias food - but more as nutrition....and then just drinkt hem down.

You may find your taste change as you go to.

BUt you really are kind of stuck so I would start convinving yourself you like them. THe mind is a powerful tool.

Good luck!!

If it makes you feel better, I hardly like any flavours and I've been on the diet 16 weeks - lost nearly 4 stone.

I have 3 veg soups a day (1 or 2 made into 'crisps') and a bar (either nut fudge, peanut or cranberry) - that's it!

I recommend keep trying some of the flavours, sometimes they can grow on you.

Keep going! If I can survive this long on my limited packs anyone can!

Try some of the unofficial LL recipes too. x

The way I coped with it ( the first time I tasted the chicken soup I was nearly sick!)
I told myself it's not food. It's not trying to taste "gourmet". It's just a way of ensuring I get the right vitamins and minerals while I lose my weight.
It tastes better than most medicines. It's a lot less drastic than surgery.
I just stuck to the few I could stomach.
Vanilla for breakfast, sometimes with a spoonful of coffee added.
Thai chilli x 2 during the day with Tabasco habanero and salt added.
Chocolate in the evening (BLs tip of added sweeteners worked for me too).
I also used the Marigold savoury drink, max of 2 teaspoons per day.
THe water flavourings also helped.
Amazingly I did eventually get used to the taste of the chicken flavour.
It's true what BL says- a lot of it is in the mind.
We both did the best part of a year on packs. It is possible.
Good luck.

The way I am treating the food is that it is not food.

I clearly have an issue with food and eating. Probably addicted. If I was a drug addict, the Dr would cut me off, like wise if I smoked....it wouldn't be have a little bit of cocaine and cut down...however NUTRITION is required to survive. I am seeing these food packs as sustinance and not food. They are keeping me alive whilst I deal with my addiction. The taste is irrelevent to me.

But I really do like most of the flavours apart from the lemon bar and tomato soup...so I guess I am lucky.

I really see this as a therapy with weight loss, as opposed to a weight loss process.

good luck and the keep trying things out. Try mixing the flavours.

Back