PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

finnsmom

Hi all

Really need advice from existing forum users.

I have always had what people called ‘the perfect figure’ - weighing 8 stone and was a size 6/8. But I worked hard to keep this figure, not exercising but my making good informed choices about my diet. ‘Everything in moderation’ has always been my motto but this doesn’t seem to be working for me anymore!

Had my beautiful baby boy in November 2010. Unfortunately I put on four stone during my pregnancy and being only 5 ft 3 I looked like a walking bowling ball! I have since lost three stone by simply cutting down but for the last month I’m finding it really really difficult to shift any more.

I really want to get back down to 8 stone simply because that’s what I’m used to. I carry a lot of weight on my face and really don’t feel myself. None of my clothes fit and I don’t want to have to buy bigger sizes – I love my pre-pregnancy clothes!

I’m not one for following a particular diet but am willing to try anything to get rid of the last stone. I already make smart choices because that’s what I have always done – no butter, no mayo, no sugar, no bread, no alcohol……. What more can I do?????? :sigh:

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. I’m spurred on by the constant stories of success and I want to be a success story too…..

I love love love my beautiful baby so much and I have the best, more supportive husband in the world but I’m disgusted with my own body and want to be back to the way I was.

Thanks so much

xxxxx

Well done on losing msot of your baby weight in such a short amount of time! :D

I would carry on as you are, as starting a "diet" is not a good thing to do if can lose the rest without. Starting a diet for alot of us women is the road to life time of dieting and weight loss and gain.

Also you have had a child, your figure is not going to be the same again as it was before. Maybe to some more exercise instead, but my advice is, dont start dieting!

thanks so much for your reply.

its great just to be able to talk to somene who is impartial! there is great support on these forums!

thanks again!

i'll just have to keep on going....

Best of luck from a fellow newbie x

Divster said:
Well done on losing msot of your baby weight in such a short amount of time! :D

I would carry on as you are, as starting a "diet" is not a good thing to do if can lose the rest without. Starting a diet for alot of us women is the road to life time of dieting and weight loss and gain.

Also you have had a child, your figure is not going to be the same again as it was before. Maybe to some more exercise instead, but my advice is, dont start dieting!

I 100% agree with this! Well done on what you've done so far. Keep going, it will sort itself out. But just chill and enjoy your baby :) xx

well the first week is over and despite it being easter yesterday i have still managed to lose 3 pounds!

wonder how long i can keep it up? ryvita is starting to bore me............

Grats! Being in control of your own diet and healthy eating must take a lot of determination and will power. You are doing so well, keep it up xxx

Hi there!! I'm new here and your story sounds so similar to mine!! Im trying to get back to my 8st 2lb figure, size 4/6 on top and 8/10 on bottom!! I'm only 21 and had a 4 year old boy and 2 1/2 year old girl with my previous partner and when we broke up I went to work and got back into my normal figure for the 1st time since having my boy! Then I met my current partner and we now have a 3 month old girl together and I'm now my heaviest I've ever been!! :( I'm 9st 11lb! I'm not huge and people don't understand y I'm unhappy but as you say, it's what your used to and I'm very conscious of myself! My partner doesn't care and is great but he is in fantastic shape so that makes me even more aware of myself!! I've been using myfitnesspal app to keep ontop of calories and been jogging 2 miles 3 times a week for a few weeks but the weight isn't going! :( I also eat whatever in moderation :) good luck to u and congratulations on ur baby, being a mummy is fab :) x

hey! congrats osdemel and findsmom- i am same position as you- put on 4 stone. i to am on my last stone and i hate my body!! :-(

great to be able to finally shre how you feel with people withouth them saying 'you have nothing to worry about you look fine'

i have had a rotten cold and chest infection since last week and have lost another 2 pounds. however i'm sure its just fluid and will go straight back on again quickly!

getting silly recently and looking through all my old pictures of myself before i was pregnant = BAD IDEA! it might motivate some people but it just makes me feel worse! the really sad thing is that i had such a great body and yet even them thought i could do with losing a few pounds!!!

we are never happy right?

hope you are all still on track for this week girls?

being a mother is absolutely fantastic... but bloody hell its hard work, in more ways than one :)

xxx

Congratulations on your baby and the weight loss so far.
Do you drink green tea? It is supposed to be fantastic for weight loss because it boosts your metabolism. I'm not a scientist and have no proof of this but so many of my friends say it works.
Good luck, you will get there!

hi

haven't tried green tea, but have heard other good reports about it. will definitely try it - i'm up for anything!

thanks for the advice

xxxxxx

Hi there, sorry to hear about your chest and cold :( but good about the loss! I'm still eating well and exercising buy I've still not lost :( so frustrating so I'm going to only eat multi grain carbs, drink more ice cold water and aswell as jog 2 miles 1 day I'm going to do the run walk run walk thing up and down a hill as I've heard it's best for losing weight and jogging for gaining muscle. Hope it's going well still :) x

Hi Finnsmom - looked up your posts after reading your supportive posts on my diary. Congratulations on your recent arrival!

My bet is that when your baby boy starts running around you will lose any remaining pounds without even trying! Keep up the healthy food choices - you are going to need the energy really soon. Take care xxx.

hi lass321

well my baby is 6 months today (where has the time gone???) and i'm so proud that i've loast the majority of the weight, but you know what its like when the last few pounds are hanging around. and they are the pounds that make the most difference in the end. because i'm so small even a few pounds is really noticable on me.

have a wedding to go to on the 18th june and have a beautiful dress that i really really want to wear (unfortunately its a size 6 from when i was super skinny before) so i'm trying my hardest to get into it. it wont zip up at the minute

anyway thanks for the encouragement. lets keep on going. amazing how much support and mental strength you can get from this site!

Back