Points Help please - Plain Boiled Basmati Rice?

scattykookie

Hi,

how many points are plain boiled basmati rice and also how much should I be having weight wise e.g what constitutes a decent sized portion...I'm used to have a big plateful and obviously that isn't an option now but was thinking with a 0 poiny home made curry I might be able to have a bit more rice...;)

many thanks in advance, just started this week and trying to do this on my own - with a lot of help from this site.

x

The Shopping Guide says:

Rice, White, cooked,1 medium portion, 150g 3points

If you can tell me the name and brand of rice you are using, then I'll check it for you. I tried looking up Basmati Rice myself last week, and couldn't find it, but I guess white rice is the same thing!

Thanks - I am using Sainsbury's Basmati Rice - 50g dry weight is 176 calories 0.0 saturated fat.

40grams dry weight makes 100grams cooked weight typically.

thanks again.

Strangely enough Sainsburys Basmati Rice isn't in the Shopping Guide!!! That was the rice I looked up a few weeks ago and couldn't find! lol
Well there is this in the Shopping Guide:
Sainsburys 2 minute meals
Basmati Rice, 1 pouch, 250g 6.5points!!!!!!

But using the values you gave me and using the points finder, it works out as
50g: 176cals 0g sat fat 2.5points

I use tesco Basmati rice, the boil in the bag stuff and each bag (125g) contains 6pts.

Last edited:
thanks everyone - old_before_i_die I have ordered some boil in the bag sainsbury's ones so will see how I get on when shopping arrives tomorrow.

Back