1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Points Help please - Plain Boiled Basmati Rice?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Points' started by scattykookie, 15 January 2010 Social URL.

1. scattykookie

scattykookie Well-Known Member

Hi,

how many points are plain boiled basmati rice and also how much should I be having weight wise e.g what constitutes a decent sized portion...I'm used to have a big plateful and obviously that isn't an option now but was thinking with a 0 poiny home made curry I might be able to have a bit more rice...;)

many thanks in advance, just started this week and trying to do this on my own - with a lot of help from this site.

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Well-Known Member

The Shopping Guide says:

Rice, White, cooked,1 medium portion, 150g 3points

If you can tell me the name and brand of rice you are using, then I'll check it for you. I tried looking up Basmati Rice myself last week, and couldn't find it, but I guess white rice is the same thing!

4. scattykookie

Thanks - I am using Sainsbury's Basmati Rice - 50g dry weight is 176 calories 0.0 saturated fat.

40grams dry weight makes 100grams cooked weight typically.

thanks again.

5. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Well-Known Member

Strangely enough Sainsburys Basmati Rice isn't in the Shopping Guide!!! That was the rice I looked up a few weeks ago and couldn't find! lol
    Well there is this in the Shopping Guide:
    Sainsburys 2 minute meals
    Basmati Rice, 1 pouch, 250g 6.5points!!!!!!

But using the values you gave me and using the points finder, it works out as
    50g: 176cals 0g sat fat 2.5points

6. G-Man

G-Man ٩(●˛•̃)۶

I use tesco Basmati rice, the boil in the bag stuff and each bag (125g) contains 6pts.

Last edited: 19 January 2010
  7. scattykookie

thanks everyone - old_before_i_die I have ordered some boil in the bag sainsbury's ones so will see how I get on when shopping arrives tomorrow.

8. ChubLock

ChubLock Well-Known Member

I never knew it was so high in points.