Pomegranates......??

lljlily

Hi - just looking for some advice - when I do my slimming world food diary on the online website - it puts pomegranates as free - which is what i also assumed it was too.

Well when I had a crap week at slimming world last tuesday when i found out i had actually put 1lb on :mad: my consultant told me that pomegranate seeds are not free

Is she going crazy? or is that actually true.

Only i tried getting all arty with my salads and sprinkled them with pomegranate seeds :cool:

I just checked my book and it says they are free, ive had pommegranate everyday since i started SW as i have them on fruit salad, in porridge and on salads and has never made me put on weight.

If online says its free, and the book too, then your consultant might have just been mistaken :cool:

I don't see what would stop them being free (if you understand me) there is no reason I can see why they would have a syn value, as long as you are not blending them or cooking them of course? But I am sure you would know that.

Were you expecting a gain, or had you been 100% and still gained?

Wait and see how next weigh-in turns out before you give up on the pommegranite. I do find that if I have lots if grapes in a week it does slow my weigh loss but never causes a gain. Hope some of my ramblings helped ;)

There might be a confusion about what you mean by pomegranate seeds.

I think you mean the red things with the little seed inside - in which case they are free. But I think it is possible to buy the seeds themselves - and no seeds are free.

Am I making sense here? Hope so!

I always wonder about that as things like pumpkin seeds are not free if you buy them in a packet from the shop, but presumably you're not supposed to excavate them all outta the bliddy pumpkin before you eat it :confused: I guess you can eat them provided they are fresh and eaten with the thing they came from cos theyre still full of water and also not being a 'snack'?

I'm not raking all th seeds outta my melon anyhow, I'm sure they come out just the same as when they went in :D

Back