Poppadoms!!!

Claireuns

Can anyone tell me the syns value for sharwoods uncooked plain poppadoms??
I've put it in the syns calculator and it says its free??? Surely not.....

No they're 1 syn for every 20kcal. Definitely not free. Sorry!

Hi Claire, don't know if this helps but its from my thread ` A catalogue of Indian Recipes ' . :)

49) Ready Made Poppadom’s

I will be adding this section on `Ready Made’ Indian products that not only taste good but are time efficient and compliment the curries listed in my thread and are moderate in syns :) .

Poppadom’s don’t need an introduction. They are extremely popular as an appetiser, and get your taste buds going before any Indian meal. They are lovely served with chutneys and raita dips. (I will be adding some more recipes on Indian chutneys and dips very soon).

They are normally deep fried in Indian restaurants, but a healthier way to prepare them is in the microwave with frylight. Take out the poppadom from the pack, spray each side with frylight and place in the microwave on medium/high for 1 minute. Now allow the poppadom to rest for a further 1 minute so it turns nice and crispy. Now you are ready to eat your poppadom !

There are many varieties of poppadom’s out there in the shops. But below I have listed my personal favourites with the syn vales :-

Sharwoods Crushed Garlic and Coriander Poppadoms 2 syns each = on all 3 plans

View attachment 104146

Sharwoods Red Chilli & Cumin Poppadoms 2 syns each = on all 3 plans

View attachment 104145

Back