porridge muffin...?

ki-ki

hey all,
just wonderin if anyones tried to make a muffin from the porridge pack? i cant decide whether it would be like a nice oaty-type cake or just really rank?!
ki x

CD Counsellor posted something about this on another website, someone asked about flapjacks, but I think the rule would apply for muffins too due to the lack of water.

Hi Folks

Sorry to be party pooper again.

Flapjacks are definitely NOT ALLOWED (although I must admit they did sound good).

The analogy given is if you cook corn with water in a microwave it remains corn if you cook with no water or not enough water it becomes popcorn and the structure is changed. Drinking extra water WILL NOT compensate.

The same applies in a way to all CD packs - no pack can be put in a microwave for more than 15 secs without destroying the composition or nutritional balance. In the past it was said one would be okay, however, this has now been retracted after further research.

15min rule - if you leave longer than 15mins it will solidify and become hard.

Last edited:
oooh flapjack sounded lovely! However, I am very happy with the porridge - it's so yummy! x

The same applies in a way to all CD packs - no pack can be put in a microwave for more than 15 secs without destroying the composition or nutritional balance. In the past it was said one would be okay, however, this has now been retracted after further research.

hold on... does that mean we cant cook anything for more than 15secs, like for crisps and muffins etc???

Yeah I think that is what the post is saying, but many have cooked the packs and still lost weight. However, I think the difference with the porridge being a definite no-no is the corn ingredient. Don't really know the ins and outs, I just read it on another forum.

Back