Porridge

Mel5

Hi I was meant to be starting today, was soooo excited.but have just made the maple porridge and they is no way I can stomach it :( I am a strict vegetarian so am very limited any way. Which porridge would you advise, or can I use regular porridge or if I just have fruit and the soup will is still have this keytoses effect. Disheartened already :(
Mel5 x

Hi I was meant to be starting today, was soooo excited.but have just made the maple porridge and they is no way I can stomach it :( I am a strict vegetarian so am very limited any way. Which porridge would you advise, or can I use regular porridge or if I just have fruit and the soup will is still have this keytoses effect. Disheartened already :(
Mel5 x

You can't have fruit on a VLCD as it has too much sugar. You need to stick to the packs they do as they contain the required nutrients-what didn't you like about the porridge?

Hi the porridge just tasted like a vitamin tablet and too sweet, I can have fruit with the porridge so thought I could skip the porridge ? Will get a shake and try that but dont drink milk so will have to use almond milk.
not doing the keytoses one yet but have to start on the one above.
mel5 x

Hi the porridge just tasted like a vitamin tablet and too sweet, I can have fruit with the porridge so thought I could skip the porridge ? Will get a shake and try that but dont drink milk so will have to use almond milk.
mel5 x

You can't have fruit at all :( on a VLCD tho

Hi I am doing step three if that makes more sense, it says I can choose a 150 cal option from a list ?
Mel5

Hi, I find the maple porridge sweet but I don't like the original one. I find splitting the pack in half and making it with a bit more water helps water the taste down. I have half the pack before I leave for work at 7am and the other half at work about 10am

Try the other porridges. I found the maple and pecan one hideous but I love the original and apple&cinnamon ones.

Or just avoid the porridge, I can't stand them either but quite like the shakes and some of the soups. Trial and error cocker

Or just avoid the porridge, I can't stand them either but quite like the shakes and some of the soups. Trial and error cocker

I would agree and avoid the porridge. I stuck with them for the first two weeks on sole source but they were just too sweet and had a horrid texture. I did a week of step 3 and either had the fruit option for breakfast or the shredded wheat. Also on step 3 you CAN have real porridge oats, it doesn't have to be the sachets.

mel5 x

You only have to use water to make up the shakes. You don't need milk and there are a couple of lactose free ones if I remember rightly.

Step 3 is a LCD you can have 170g of low fat yoghurt if you don't drink milk and your fruit option every day.
Vegetarians can't have the chicken and mushroom soup, mix-a-mousse or the strawberry silk if your a vegan unfortunately none of the Cambridge products are suitable.

I couldn't stomach maple&pecan one either, but I absolutely LOVE the original porridge with lots of cinnamon in it :) You must try..
BTW I'm a strict vegetarian as well, but I don't think we're limited at all. We can have almost all the products -except a few like mix a mousse etc.

I made the mistake of getting 7 porridges in my first week... bleuuurrrgh! They were vile! I havent had one since but pushed my way through for that week thinking I might get used to it...

I did not!

x

Back