portion size of sorbet/ice cream

bigbelly79

hello,

i am going to zizzi later today and i think i will have the lemon sorbet as afters.

i looked it up online and tesco lemon sorbet is 5.5 syns per 100g.

does anyone know what 100g of sorbet/ice cream looks like roughly?

sorry i am used to buying ice cream/sorbet in ml and i cant find any way to convert that over

apparently a serving in the restaurant is 3 scoops

hello,

i am going to zizzi later today and i think i will have the lemon sorbet as afters.

i looked it up online and tesco lemon sorbet is 5.5 syns per 100g.

does anyone know what 100g of sorbet/ice cream looks like roughly?

sorry i am used to buying ice cream/sorbet in ml and i cant find any way to convert that over

apparently a serving in the restaurant is 3 scoops

I think the best thing would be to use the 1syn=20 kcals rule.
I had a look online and one scoop of Zizzi Lemon Sorbet is 48 kcal.
So three scoops would be about 9 syns, if you round it up to 50 kcal per scoop.

HTH XXX

thank you - i was on the zizzi site and couldnt find any calorie info - must of been blind for looking

No, I looked on their site too, couldn't find it. But happened upon a forum in which someone had posted a PDF of the whole menus nutrition info- which Zizzi had sent them.
SO you weren't blind, more like Zizzi are rubbish ;)

I think i just found it, i shall post it here for people to look at for future reference

pdf with all zizzi nutritional info and calories (thanks to thegoodgirl on mind support forum);

zizzi01.png

zizzi02.png

zizzi03.png

zizzi04.png

This is great. I was looking for ZIZI nutritional everywhere! I wonder where the tables are from? couldnt find em anywhere!?

I had the Insalate Super. Very nice indeed. I was eating this on a green day so i was not sure of the syns, I would recommend this. It had butternut squash. Courgette.Lentils, mixed leave and goats cheese. The goats cheese was minimal well under 28g. I wonder what the syn values are for this?

Lee

The nutritional info was supplied by zizzi when the woman on the other forum asked about one dish on it's own. They sent her the whole lot! :)

Sorry to bump this but I just wanted to comment on how interesting those nutritional values are. I'm going to Zizzi's tonight and, just looking at the menu, I would have totally chosen the wrong thing. In fact, the one thing I'd really like (and would have avoided like the plague due to the goats' cheese) is the Ravioli di Capra and that's probably one of the best things on the menu. Well, that's tonight sorted then!

Thanks to thegoodgirl for posting originally.

Back