• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

portions

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
You can get a serving size from the pack. Basically that's a recommended amount per person. However Green days mean you can have as much as you want, but eat to feel full not to burst!

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
No amount recommended you are supposed to eat only untill you are full ! not untill you get to the bottom of the dish. When I first started I ate so much I thought I would explode but I soon learned to listed to the signal to stop.So eat till you are full not eat until you fill up

jaylou

Gold Member
Yep, eat until you are full and not stuffed - it's about training the body/brain really.
I look at the serving suggestion size on the pack for pasta and rice and add about 25% (cos I is a piggy) and it's a good portion for me!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I made the same mistake when I started SW, I used to eat far too much, rice and pasta and I'd have a huge Jacket potato.

But now after 2 months I can tell just by looking what will be a good portion for me without me feeling like an 'over stuffed' sofa when I've finished eating..... Phew!!!

LOL.......X

I'm terrible at portion control, which is why I think I could never lose on Green. I find on Red days the meat is really filling, and I have a limited amount of carbs (which is always plenty!).

Sometimes now I have a Green meal, but limit myself to the amount of pasta/potatoes I would have on a Red day. Then I fill up my plate with the superfree foods, such as quorn bolognaise/sausages/chilli and vegetables. I find this helps to keep my portions in check and helps me maintain my target weight.

xx

Miss Q

I have found these comments helpful, thank you, as I had a similar query to tweety. Also felt quite gluttonous stuffing my chubby-cheeked face with carbs galore on a green day despite them being free.

I'm hopeful now that, although I may go slightly OTT in the first couple of weeks of SW in response to it being the only diet I know of where food isn't restricted, I will soon learn to listen to my tummy when it says "no more, please, i'l pop!" instead of my head.

Thanks again :)