Potty training

Hi hun

Is it a boy or girl? The reason I'm asking is because I've a 3 year old boy & from about 2.5 yrs old I've been trying to potty train.

He still is in nappies :( Basically he knows exactly what to do but he either forgets & widdles on the floor, also I work 3 days a week so his routine changes daily. I've decided to leave him & take a week off the end of April when weather is nicer for him to run around with no nappy/pants & hopefully get it sorted.

My advice would be a rewards chart, every time s/he does a wee/poo they get a sticker then a reward once they've done it in the potty/toilet say 10 times...

Leave the potty out for them so they ahve easy access.

Also maybe ask them every so often do they need a wee as when they are playing etc they sometimes forget!!!

Can't think of anything else right now, are you sure they are ready as sometimes if they do it too young they relapse iykwim.

Good luck hun hope you are more successful than me. XXX

We found showing our wee boy his favourite teddy using the potty and making a big show of mummy and daddy going too helped. But most of all do not get stressed she will do it when she is ready and it will all be fine. Also much easier in another or two when the weather is hopefully better and you can let her run about in the garden(if you have one) with no knickers on. So save on the washing. Good luck.

Sorry I've just read you have a daughter... girls are easier apparently!!!

Wait until they are ready. In the warm weather when out. Both my girls were nearly 3, I never made a big fuss about it, but were both dry within a couple of days, and never had an accident, apart from at night when ill. But as I say, they were nearly 3 years old.

I'd agree wait until she is ready, there is too much pressure for children to be doing particular things by a certain age & if you are surrounded by other toddlers of a simlar age already potty trained you'll feel even more pressure.

We are all potty trained now, so don't rush her into it.

I'd only just had my daughter when my son potty trained himself, he decided he wanted to wear underpants & that was it, no accidents, other than when he had diahorea, but that's not a pretty tale:cool:

With my daughter my MiL was presurising me to potty train her, she said 'put her in knickers & she'll soon get fed up of wetting herself', well I got fed up of cleaning:( so I waited until she showed signs which was when she was almost 3.

Back