Praise for Slimming World on my 1st anniversary of joining!!

Amazing post, mate

Your attitude and outlook is a sure sign that those fad days have gone- you have 'got it' that being overweight is just a symptom of a bigger problem. You cannot long term overcome the symptom (lose weight) without tacking the cause of the underlying problem (your emotional response to food)- it sounds like you are realistically tackling this. Enjoying the up-days, accepting the down-days and carrying on regardless with tremendous success.

This is truly inspiring- you are a constant support to others on here, but are also a beacon of hope to us too

Hev- you are an utter star

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great post Heather - you express the whole Slimming World ethos so well. And the bit about it not being the occasional treat but the regular overindulging that piles on the weight is so true. I stick really well to Slimming World during the week, but tend to overindulge slightly with the family at the weekend. In doing this I have managed to maintain now for well over a year. If I could cut out weekends, I'd be at target now lol, but for the moment I'm happy where I am.

Here's to the bigger picture and the scenic route!

Wow, if there is a post that you need to motivate yourself its this one. Your such a inspiration and you have done so well. I always wanted a quick fix but now i think i have been overweight my whole life so if its going to take a while to lose it all then so be it, As long as i am that little bit slimmer every week i will be happy. Well done hun xxx

Thanks latest fans tee heee!!! Crazyarmywife the way I see it is that most people have gained most of their excess over a long period of time (I gained 4 stone in 6 years which is less than 1lb per month- it doesn't seem much but it all adds up....) so it's bound to take a while to lose it again (well healthily and safely at least!!) Chip away and you know how quickly time passes us by- before you know it you'll be at target!!XXX

hi heather that could have been me writing ur story the only difference is its taken me another 20 years on top of u to get to the mind set that i can do it now, i too am thinking if i lose a lb a week i will be happy am fed up with all the fad diets i've been on over the years only to end up stones heavier, well done for coming so far :) xx

What a difference 12 months make! We start around the same time funcurls and look your 4 stone loss ahead of me!!

you have done briliantly!

Hi funcurls, I know this is an old thread but I've only just come across it and wow what a fantastic story.

You are living proof that slimming world is a new way of life and not the same old quick fix diet. What dedication you have to have continued on and achieved your goal of 4 stone in your first yr.....amazing!

I'm also 33 and I loved your comment when you said you couldn't have done it without minimins! I am blinking addicted to this site....I must be, I've got work in 7 hrs and I'm still on here!!! I have found so much inspiration from here and the lovely helpful people like you, but the inspiration doesn't just come from the before & after photos, it's far deeper, it's the support network and the fab stories like yours that make you believe anything is achievable if you want it enough.

Well done on your amazing loss to date, brilliant, truely amazing x xx

Hi funcurls, I know this is an old thread but I've only just come across it and wow what a fantastic story.

You are living proof that slimming world is a new way of life and not the same old quick fix diet. What dedication you have to have continued on and achieved your goal of 4 stone in your first yr.....amazing!

I'm also 33 and I loved your comment when you said you couldn't have done it without minimins! I am blinking addicted to this site....I must be, I've got work in 7 hrs and I'm still on here!!! I have found so much inspiration from here and the lovely helpful people like you, but the inspiration doesn't just come from the before & after photos, it's far deeper, it's the support network and the fab stories like yours that make you believe anything is achievable if you want it enough.

Wow thanks Kankles (adore that name lol) How lovely to see that someone has seen my post a good few months later! I just read it back and am a bit disappointed that I haven't made all that much progress since October!!! But on the other hand I have still kept at it and have maintained the good habits overall! I am still focused on getting to target and most importantly haven't gone in the wrong direction!!

I'm glad that you are enjoying SW so much and are a fellow MM addict!! Coming on here just makes me feel that I'm not alone in my journey!! I do get support from my group, but at the end of the day, it's for 1 1/2 hours- once I leave that church hall, I'm on my own with temptation at every turn! When I'm off work (I've been on here more than usual for the past week as I've been on annual leave!) I can dip in and out whenever I like and there's always someone there to relate to or to spur me on, or a recipe or idea I can draw upon!

Well done on your progress!! You're nearly half way there already! You must be really proud of yourself!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, H XXXX

I didn't realise this was an old post but you have boosted me big time missy! I want to get my backside into gear (again, again, again) and your post has inspired me girl :) x

Thanks Jay!! You've always been an inspiration to me!! It doesn't matter that you've strayed from target a little!! That's life afterall! The ONLY thing that matters is that you're here and you have the inclination to do it, which means that you WILL!!! Since I wrote that I have hardly made any progress at all- just a few lbs more overall!! This disappoints me a bit to think that I could have been at target by now, but on the other hand, I'm still here and motivated to get to target, plodding along and knowing that one day I will! It's the fact that I've changed my habits for good and still have my eye on that finishing line that matters!! Thanks for your post XXXXX

I didn't realise this was an old post but you have boosted me big time missy! I want to get my backside into gear (again, again, again) and your post has inspired me girl :) x

Thanks Jay!! You've always been an inspiration to me!! It doesn't matter that you've strayed from target a little!! That's life afterall! The ONLY thing that matters is that you're here and you have the inclination to do it, which means that you WILL!!! Since I wrote that I have hardly made any progress at all- just a few lbs more overall!! This disappoints me a bit to think that I could have been at target by now, but on the other hand, I'm still here and motivated to get to target, plodding along and knowing that one day I will! It's the fact that I've changed my habits for good and still have my eye on that finishing line that matters!! Thanks for your post XXXXX

I don't think that either of you should be disappointed in yourselves at all. You have lost so much weight AND kept it off. So what if the last few pounds are hanging around a little longer. How many times in the past have we lost weight and straight away it has gone back on. This hasn't happened to you two, you have kept constant and that can only show that this certainly is a way of life for you now and thate weight will never go on again.

Keep going to get those last few pounds off, but don't worry if it takes a little longer than you thought. I can't wait until I can say that I am nearly at target as you two are. You are both an inspiration. xx

I don't think that either of you should be disappointed in yourselves at all. You have lost so much weight AND kept it off. So what if the last few pounds are hanging around a little longer. How many times in the past have we lost weight and straight away it has gone back on. This hasn't happened to you two, you have kept constant and that can only show that this certainly is a way of life for you now and thate weight will never go on again.

Keep going to get those last few pounds off, but don't worry if it takes a little longer than you thought. I can't wait until I can say that I am nearly at target as you two are. You are both an inspiration. xx

Thank you so much for saying that MD!! I know you're right, it just takes someone else to say it for it to make perfect sense (which is what's so great about Minimins!!) You are doing great yourself!! Exactly as I said to Jay, YOU ARE HERE and you want to do this, so there's no reason whatsoever why you can't!!!XXX

funcurls said:
Wow thanks Kankles (adore that name lol) How lovely to see that someone has seen my post a good few months later! I just read it back and am a bit disappointed that I haven't made all that much progress since October!!! But on the other hand I have still kept at it and have maintained the good habits overall! I am still focused on getting to target and most importantly haven't gone in the wrong direction!!

I'm glad that you are enjoying SW so much and are a fellow MM addict!! Coming on here just makes me feel that I'm not alone in my journey!! I do get support from my group, but at the end of the day, it's for 1 1/2 hours- once I leave that church hall, I'm on my own with temptation at every turn! When I'm off work (I've been on here more than usual for the past week as I've been on annual leave!) I can dip in and out whenever I like and there's always someone there to relate to or to spur me on, or a recipe or idea I can draw upon!

Well done on your progress!! You're nearly half way there already! You must be really proud of yourself!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, H XXXX

The name! Well hmmm yes! I was blessed with lovely legs that go straight from my knees to my feet without the lovely shape of ankles, so I call them kankles!! It was either that or chunkers or tree trunks but that's a bit harsh even for me!!!

When I did SW a few yrs back I went to a group but sometimes the groups lack flexibilty for me as I'm a work a holic and never know exactly what time I'll be leaving work, but MM for me has been better than a class once a week. Don't get me wrong the class environment when u weight in with ur fellow slimming buddies is something I do miss, but I also used the weigh ins knowing if I cheated I'd be found out. This time round, I'm sticking to it pretty much 100% and enjoy the meals so much I don't feel I want to cheat and doing it from home is about as flexible as you can get it.

Anyway, when I saw ur post I just had to say something because it was so inspirational to read how much patience & dedication you had to your weight loss journey. I mean we've all been there wanting that quick fix diet or given up at the first stumbling block when we've had a tough week, it's so easy to say, I'll get back on track next week and knowing next week will never come, but you set yourself a goal, a very difficult one psychologically, and you never gave up! That's bl***y brilliant in my eyes x

Kankles said:

Here here kankles, I'm with you

I'm soooo glad this thread has been revived! From someone who really fell off the wagon at the end of last year, I'm so pleased to have read this post! Well done FC you've done fab, keep it up xxx

Back