Private Messaging?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Is there no private messaging facility anymore?

Oh, can I ask why that's been taken away? What can we do if we want to speak to someone privately?

I would like to know why this facility has been taken away too :)
Thanks

When we implemented the new software we decided not to activate 'conversations' as this is what Xenforo call them. As we have now provided most if not all of the social network buttons for our members to use in their profiles, we see no need for PM's and if you put up your social network buttons, our members if they wish, can contact you and vise versa if they have the social network buttons displayed... If not, you can take it that they wish to remain private on our forums.

That means that everyone on the forum can see your details. That's not for me. I prefer to choose personally who I give out my information too.
Thanks for the reply though :)

I thought if you linked in your other social media accounts, anyone on the site can click on it, and see ?
Maybe I have misunderstood, if so, I apologise.
I do not wish this facility to be available to all on the forum if you know what I mean, therefore I do not link in any of my other social media.
However, I have in the past, prior to mini's going off line, gave my details via private message to a select few members that I have followed, and who have followed me in my weight loss. :)

The social icons are presented on the profile page, and as such the permissions are respected. As always to view profiles you must have 50 posts. So guests, people who do not have 50 posts cannot see those links.

Of course if your social media is private(facebook/instagram), that is still respected as it would be wrong for any external site to have control over that. It might be a bit different for Skype/Snapchat/Twitter...

Back