Pro Point Changes

I can't understand why WW give 49 weekly PP if they think that 29 per day is too many... ?

I think they give the weeklies so that we don't get stressed out by going out for an evening when there is little chance of sticking to plan. Otherwise you might get the feeling of having blown the diet and the rest of the week starts to unravel, it just means that the diet can fit around life rather than the other way around.

I eat fruit once in a while. I try to get some veggies in but not fond of many veg unfortunately and even when I do eat them I don't eat a lot of them. I will stick to 29 for the moment. Of course if I stall I will drop pp but always said I would stop using some weeklies if that ever happened so pretty much the same thing I guess. Thanks for the advice girls xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

If you're losing weight steadily on 29pp then you are doing the diet properly i.e not eating too much fruit and not underestimating the point value of your food, lowering it by 3 pp (120 cals approx) will help if you eat a lot of fruit especially bananas, they can be up to 120 cals each, pears and apples are about 50-60 cals each. I personally lose on 29 pp plus my 49 weeklies, I have no more than 2-3 bits of fruit per day and when I do this properly I lose up to 3lbs. When I under eat I tend to stay the same or have a small gain or a small loss which can be really demotivating as I feel I have starved all week for a measly 1/2lb loss. Also I try to spend all my 29pp on my 3 meals a day and spend the 7 weeklies a day on snacks.
I've also tried having all my weeklies in the 3 days after weigh in and then just 29pp for the rest of the week and lose about 2lbs each time I've done this.

Susie25 said:
If you're losing weight steadily on 29pp then you are doing the diet properly i.e not eating too much fruit and not underestimating the point value of your food, lowering it by 3 pp (120 cals approx) will help if you eat a lot of fruit especially bananas, they can be up to 120 cals each, pears and apples are about 50-60 cals each. I personally lose on 29 pp plus my 49 weeklies, I have no more than 2-3 bits of fruit per day and when I do this properly I lose up to 3lbs. When I under eat I tend to stay the same or have a small gain or a small loss which can be really demotivating as I feel I have starved all week for a measly 1/2lb loss. Also I try to spend all my 29pp on my 3 meals a day and spend the 7 weeklies a day on snacks.
I've also tried having all my weeklies in the 3 days after weigh in and then just 29pp for the rest of the week and lose about 2lbs each time I've done this.

That's really interesting to read Susie, I was feeling positive about dropping to 26pps at the weekend but now I'm not really too sure, I don't seem to have a pattern like you but how I wish I did or would like to develop a routine but I've got a feeling I'm gonna mess up this week.

I WI on a Friday but I've near enough blown all my weeklies already this weekend and I've noticed from doing my meal plans this week what an actual big drop it is although it's only 3pps and without weeklies I think I'm gonna struggle.
I'm desperate for 1lb loss Friday coz then I would've lost 2 stone but I reckon it'll be a STS:(

xxx

Have they brought out new books detailing the changes or are they waiting until January? I need to rejoin but if the programme material has stayed the same will do plan at home til January.

That's really interesting to read Susie, I was feeling positive about dropping to 26pps at the weekend but now I'm not really too sure, I don't seem to have a pattern like you but how I wish I did or would like to develop a routine but I've got a feeling I'm gonna mess up this week.

I WI on a Friday but I've near enough blown all my weeklies already this weekend and I've noticed from doing my meal plans this week what an actual big drop it is although it's only 3pps and without weeklies I think I'm gonna struggle.
I'm desperate for 1lb loss Friday coz then I would've lost 2 stone but I reckon it'll be a STS:(

xxx

Tracy just for this week try and eat all your weeklies by the end of today and then the next 4 days religiously stick to 29 even if it means weighing your food to get the correct amount.
Try to avoid anymore snacks and fill up your meals to make the 29pp and have 3 bits of fruit in-between meals.
Make sure you count your milk allowance. It might mean looking at what you have to eat and choosing some healthier options but it can be done.
Report here on Friday to let us know how you got on.

I personally am doing the simply filling for a week and see how that goes, I've never done it before but have had a really big bowl of porridge for breakfast, 2 eggs, beans and ham for lunch and I have a really large jacket potato with prawns and salad for tea with fruit and jelly as snacks and a couple of biscuits for supper. Also a milky coffee later on this afternoon. :)

Susie25 said:
Tracy just for this week try and eat all your weeklies by the end of today and then the next 4 days religiously stick to 29 even if it means weighing your food to get the correct amount.
Try to avoid anymore snacks and fill up your meals to make the 29pp and have 3 bits of fruit in-between meals.
Make sure you count your milk allowance. It might mean looking at what you have to eat and choosing some healthier options but it can be done.
Report here on Friday to let us know how you got on.

I personally am doing the simply filling for a week and see how that goes, I've never done it before but have had a really big bowl of porridge for breakfast, 2 eggs, beans and ham for lunch and I have a really large jacket potato with prawns and salad for tea with fruit and jelly as snacks and a couple of biscuits for supper. Also a milky coffee later on this afternoon. :)

Ok Susie, thank you. Do you have a food diary on here?

xxx

Susie25 said:
No I don't I do WW online and fill in my tracker there, but seriously considering starting one.

Fingers crossed you get a good loss this week.

:)

I hope you do. I like your ideas and would like to try them out for myself :)

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Susie I find I'm the same. I use all 29 Dailies and 49 weeklies I tend to have a good loss, if I use less I feel deprived and fed up and I have a measly loss! Defo agree with going easy on the fruit, or if I want alot having it as a meal like fruit salad for breakie rather than with a meal iykwim. I also think its important to limit unhealthy snacks and have 'real food' even if it is the same pp's. Seems to be working for me. I'm eating big meals, having my treat day and lossing when I do it right. xx

I say if you're losing on 29 don't drop down until your weight stalls.

I got to gold on 29 points and only gained twice (both times was when I came off the plan) my losses were between June to Oct 11.

I'd keep the 26/27/28 as an option if you plateau, why restrict yourself if you're still getting losses?

Cheekypasterfield said:
I say if you're losing on 29 don't drop down until your weight stalls.

I got to gold on 29 points and only gained twice (both times was when I came off the plan) my losses were between June to Oct 11.

I'd keep the 26/27/28 as an option if you plateau, why restrict yourself if you're still getting losses?

Quite agree. The 26 will also be good after Xmas for a week or two to get rid of the predicted gain x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with you all. But it still has me confused as to why folk who were on more than 29 points have had theirs dropped as well. I thought it was an option for those already on 29 who were plateuing (sp!) :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
I agree with you all. But it still has me confused as to why folk who were on more than 29 points have had theirs dropped as well. I thought it was an option for those already on 29 who were plateuing (sp!) :)

Sue I've no idea why that has happened I assumed it would only be for people on 29 to go down to a minimum of 26 and others to just have up to 3 knocked off.

Mine has been cut down to 27PP..although im loving the addition of us being allowed to have some days simply filling and others ProPoints! :D

Susie25 said:
Sorry to be thick but how do you add a link to your diary on your signature?
I've just started a diary called susie's diary.

U don't add a link, ya jus edit ur signature.... :)

Confused! I planned my meals on the esource tracker for tomorrow, trying the simply filling day for the first time. Anyway tomorrow I only use 7pp from the weeklies which aren't filling. H

However as today is a propoint day- and the day after tomorrow will be a propoint day when I switch to propoints on esource it automatically takes everything (which would have been free from the SF day) into the weeklies leaving me with much less.

I assue maybe I just don't TRACK whatever I eat as healthy and filling then?

Back