Pro Point Changes

Starlight has made a very good point, if the current system is working for you then stick with that. I'll stick with 29 for the time being as I have a lot of weight to lose but will reduce down to 26 eventually but probably 1 point at a time, if I drop to 26 right now, I'll fail and fall off the wagon (I have enough trouble staying on the wagon as it is LOL!)

starlight is right ,it's up to you if you change or not. like discovery they will just ignore that there was ever an extra 3 points and the 26 will become normal.it sounds like they're reducing it on esource but you can work round that.

i'm just trying it to see how i get on with it, if i only lose what i do on 29 pp then back to 29 i go.
i eat 2 curly wurly's nearly every day so all i'm doing really is replacing my 2nd curly wurly for a piece of fruit.

they did say that when you were on 29 points you had to make sure you had all your 29 but now it's ok to have just 26? isn't that roughly between 1000 and 1100 calories a day?

I'm sticking to 29 also. .been maintaining for past 6 months. But I have had days of only 26 and was too afraid to post it! !!

Great.. delighted they're reducing.. Was finding it hard to use up all my dailies most days, except if I was having crap (crisps, chocolate) so glad now that I dont have to force feed myself to get up to 29.. wohoo..

(wait n see now.. 26 wont be enough lol)

This is my 3rd week and never can stay for the meeting! altho my friend went on her own today and they never mentioned anything to her when she got weighed. I might try the 26 if im starving i'l have the extra lol

Hoping some kind soul with tell us what the changes are on the 18th. I don't attend meetings or do it online. Just have the calculator and the books and do it myself. Would be very useful to know if the points are dropping to 26 per day and at what point you change.

Thanks in advance peeps. :)

I'll let you know Sue xx

my leader told us today that she will be explaining all the new stuff to us next week ! .... but she also said that this is mainly to tweak it slightly for those who find they are struggling to loose on the plan as it is at the moment and to be able to promote new changes in January to get more interest! but that if its working for us as it is at the moment then we don't need to make any changes, we can continue as we are! .... but we all agreed that if the changes were we could eat/drink as much wine, cheese and chocolate as we wanted then we would all be happily :D

I've had an email from weight watchers saying that there are gonna be some changes to the site, with effect from the 18th, anyone else had this?

The website will be crashing with all the extra traffic lol, I've had 26 points today as a practice but might end up having the other 3 before bed! What makes it worse is watching celebrity with all the flamin Iceland adverts!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh the joys! It's going to be like going down to 16 points again. I would have preferred that they dropped them from the weeklies. It's all psychological but prefer to see a higher daily figure. I notice that they promote using the activity points now. I never have used them but we'll see now.

Just had a little read, thanks for that, seems sound enough. If I end my day on 26 I'll feel better just leaving it there, but if I end on 29 that'll be fine too. No need to reach for the extra bar now to make up the last few pp's not used so can only be a good thing xx

My favourite bit is how they're basically saying it's our own fault that we're not losing weight:

However, some members struggle to lose weight, whatever daily ProPoints allowance they're on. We know this can come down to a myriad of factors for example, miscalculating ProPoints values, not tracking accurately or perhaps overestimating activity ProPoints values earned.

Basically, we're not doing it right, and the current pro-point amounts don't factor in for human error, therefore dropping the points allows for our slip-ups.

Maybe I'm interpreting it very negatively ...

Thanks for the link. Gonna stay on 29 points myself for now as I'm consistently losing, but some days now I'm only using 26 anyway. Will be interesting to know when you start switching down.

Back