Pro Point Changes

TBH I think there's major flaws with the propoints plan. I only changed back to the old points system this week after 10 months being on propoints and only lost 4lbs. Now some weeks that was my own fault, holidays, graduation, take aways after nights out etc. But there were long periods where I stuck rigorously to the plan. I tracked everything, was within my points, did plenty of exercise but nothing. I'd STS or I'd lose a lb only to see it go back on the week after. My leader looked at my tracker and could not come up with anything. It was really disheartening. I'm glad they've decided to change it and they've identified that there is a problem. It's a lot of money to be paying weekly for it not to work. Sorry rant over :cool:

Edited to add: That's just my view and experience!

Last edited:
I don't think I'll have many 26 point days lol x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

My favourite bit is how they're basically saying it's our own fault that we're not losing weight:

Basically, we're not doing it right, and the current pro-point amounts don't factor in for human error, therefore dropping the points allows for our slip-ups.

Maybe I'm interpreting it very negatively ...

no i think you're right.
leader told us that they did a survey and i think she said 93% calculate the points wrong :confused:

that can't be right surely :eek:

Oh no! So if u were to go down to 26 that means 15 less points a week! Might have to cut down on wine then! :(

If you think about it how many people actually sit down and check EVERY single thing with the NV's, measure it out, and know exactly what they are eating from a restaurant?

I would say next to none because you CANNOT know exactly. It's a flaw in their plan!! And that's without the ridiculousness of the rounding/no half points thing too.

I would say of those 93%, about 60-70 are either unintentionally miscalculating the rounding bits, or have to guess due to lack of understanding or lack of information.

Not forgetting theres nearly next to no way to work out alcohol points unless you go to a group or it happens to be on esource!

i agree, even the people who attend class but don't use esource and just go by the books will be getting it wrong with multiples, how many times does 1=1 but 2=3?!!

Yip I agree, its the multiples that mess people up. Our leader at the meeting never mentioned this to me at the start. Only for I found out on here, I mentioned it in class one day and everyone was the same....hadn't known that it doesn't always double. xx

I'm following WW on line but have yet to get an email with the new rules mentioned. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd want to change. I am losing weight - however slowly - on about 31PP per day & I'm old and lazy..
:) If I cut down I may lose weight more quickly but then I could start feeling deprived & binge.

gemelli said:
Oh no! So if u were to go down to 26 that means 15 less points a week! Might have to cut down on wine then! :(
No no u won't go from say 35/40 down to 26. It's for ppl already on 29 dailies. Some of them will need reduce.
hannata said:
If you think about it how many people actually sit down and check EVERY single thing with the NV's, measure it out, and know exactly what they are eating from a restaurant?

I would say next to none because you CANNOT know exactly. It's a flaw in their plan!! And that's without the ridiculousness of the rounding/no half points thing too.

I would say of those 93%, about 60-70 are either unintentionally miscalculating the rounding bits, or have to guess due to lack of understanding or lack of information.

Not forgetting theres nearly next to no way to work out alcohol points unless you go to a group or it happens to be on esource!
I think most of the miscalculating is defo down to the rounding up r down pp's. But I think most ppl who really are 100% committed to the program n losing weight do weigh everything. I kno I do.
MrsLmc said:
Yip I agree, its the multiples that mess people up. Our leader at the meeting never mentioned this to me at the start. Only for I found out on here, I mentioned it in class one day and everyone was the same....hadn't known that it doesn't always double. xx
Yea I found out most anout the program on here. Our leader didn't hav a clu when it was rolled out. She was learning more in class than we were.

I suppose WW don't go out of their way to tell members that 1=1 but 2=3 etc.

They're too busy saying "oh look, buy our bread, it's only 1pp a slice". Without telling you that "oh, by the way, if you're going to have more than one then it's 3pp".

I've noticed all they're doing at the moment is promoting their own products. The weekly meeting mag on pretty much every page was plugging a ready meal, sauce jar, cake slice ... And all my leader was doing last week was plugging the cookbooks as xmas presents.

She was even telling new members that frylight is no good and to buy her oil sprayer as it's much better - and she was telling them it's 0pp! Now I'm sure thats wrong ...

just been on ww site & its not working as updating maintanace so maybe more info tomorrow:D im on 29pp a day & find them really hard to stick too nevermind 26!!!:cry:will see what it says about simply filling & if not happy will look into going back to sw or old ww:confused:

chipbutty said:
just been on ww site & its not working as updating maintanace so maybe more info tomorrow:D im on 29pp a day & find them really hard to stick too nevermind 26!!!:cry:will see what it says about simply filling & if not happy will look into going back to sw or old ww:confused:

If you're still losing on 29 stick to it. It's really for people struggling to lose it. I personally don't lose unless I eat all my 29 and 49 weeklies. It's only about 120 calories less a day so not a lot really, you could do a bit of exercise for that.
If you are going to struggle on 26 which I'm sure I would then it's not liveable for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I suppose WW don't go out of their way to tell members that 1=1 but 2=3 etc.

for people who moan about this ........ if you read the books that you get at your 1st meeting the purple pocket guide clearly explains it on page 48! .... your leader might forget to tell you but they do tell you to go home and read all the info they have given you!

if i'm doubling up anything i always run it through the calculator to see what it doubles up as !

...... also one thing my leader told us about the new changes are that they are optional !! .... it's just something new to mainly help those who find they aren't loosing as it is.... if the plan is working for you as it is you can carry on as you are, you don't need to change! :D

I have been able to get on to the WW site this morning. I will give the 26 a try. Any extras will come off my weekly PP just the same as before. Swings & roundabouts... :D

Mines is down to 26 this morning as well so need to log on on my pc so I can change it back. Stupid WW. Why change what works for most?actually makes me want to just cancel my membership and go it alone and they can stuff it.

Hi I believe they are docking 3 points off your allowance per day so im on 31 now but as of next week will be on 28 but still have the 49 extra weekly, hth.

Thing is if you're losing on 29 you don't AVE to change. They're not gonna watch over you & rap your knuckles if you don't drop to 26. I personally am still losing on 29 as I ave about 3 stone to lose. When the time comes where I'm not losing I will try the 26. I also like the look of the simply filling. Let's embrace the changes people & look at the positives. :)

Back