Problems in week 2

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by judi2302, 22 October 2009 Social URL.

1. judi2302

judi2302 Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    About to start CD
    Hi all,

Having terrible problems with constipation in the second week, had to go out and buy suppositories and dulcoease (sorry if tmi), I am going to drop the bars and just stick to the shakes and porridge. I feel really bloated and don't feel like I have lost anything this week. I don't have my wi until Monday.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Many of us have had this problem, I refer to it in posts as being 'bunged up'
    Sounds like you have done the right thing by addressing the problem - I am sure you will soon be feeling fine and will have lost weight by Monday.
    Good Luck!

4. rainbow27

rainbow27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.8%)
    Diet:
    eat less move more!& mixing it up high protien & shakes
    hello
    i majorly have this problem and take grapefruit pectin fiber which im not sure your allowed but its not knocked me out of ketosis.. also i take psyllium husk, you are allowed this. ..and drink loads of water.. if your not already, mild exercise helps the bowels get going as well. hope this helps
    x

5. Suzie_

Suzie_ Full Member

Actually, having the bars usually helps because there's more fibre in them, in particular there's something called 'polyols' in the choc orange, caramel, toffee and chocolate ones - which is the same stuff that's used in diabetic chocolate (and if you've ever eaten a lot of that, you'll know what it can do... :eek:).

How much water are you drinking, hun? Getting bunged up is something that happens to me a lot on this diet - and one of the best ways of fixing it is to drink loads.

Other than that, yep, I can also recommend psyllium husks - but taking those won't solve the problem you have now - you need to get unbunged first, otherwise they'll only make it worse. You probably need something like senna (although, if it's a question of it all being 'down there', so to speak, but too hard to get out, the suppositories are an excellent idea).

Don't worry about it being TMI - this is one of the main side effects of CD, and most of us have had it at one time or another!

Hope you get some relief soon. :hug99:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.