PROTEIN

tiamaria0405

How much protein should i have in my diet ? HELP

xx

It really depends on you, your height, weight etc., what your goals are, what kind of exercise that you're doing, what kind of diet you're doing etc. There isn't one blanket figure for everyone. I aim for 20-30% of my daily intake to be protein. I want 30% but I'll accept anything over 20% if it's a low day.

I've never really considered how much protein I have, or carbs or anything really as long as I'm within my calories. Should I??

No, not really. The majority of people don't and they do just fine. I'm more looking at it as an experiment really, see if it helps me up my losses. My main reason for it though is that I'm having 1200-1400 calories a day, exercising quite a lot and so by upping my protein, I'm making sure that I'm losing fat and preserving my muscle mass. I don't really care about carbs and the like, I just try and get a certain amount of protein in and to keep my saturated fat below the MFP suggestion, other than that, the only thing that I really care about is calories and that's still the most important number to me.

Ah ok, thanks! All sounds too scientific for me lol. Maybe worth looking into things like that when I'm closer to goal and it's harder to shift though! :)

Yeah definitely but if what you're doing is working, don't worry about it!

Back