Quark Receipes

Hi Jo.
Welcome to SW and this forum.
I am not a fan of Quark but did try it when I first started SW but didn't like the taste....
If you find a recipe that used soft cheese or Yoghurt then you could change it to Quark if you want, with only a slight change in taste.
I was thinking of Spaghetti Carbonara, puddings, etc.
Pete

Hi Jo,

Like Pete says any recipe that needs soft cheese or yogurt these could probably be replaced by Quark.

I also don’t like the taste of it on its own but I know people in my group who love it so I guess it’s personal taste as some of them use it as a dip but I find it too sour.

Here is a recipe I have that uses Quark:

Mini Quiche
Ingredients

Fry Light
Ham (for the cases, this need to be thin ham really and can be any so basic works fine)
3 Eggs
½ tub of quark
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Fillings of choice

For my fillings I use:
4 rashers of lean bacon (all fat etc removed) chopped
Peppers chopped (any colour, I just buy the basics pack so it depends what is in here!)
1 small leek, finely chopped
Chives
Cherry Tomatoes

Method

Pre heat the oven to 160oC/Gas 3

Spray a muffin tin (or similar) with Fry Light and line the holes with the ham, making sure there are no gaps as this will hold the wet mixture. You will need 6+ holes depending upon the depth of your line.

In a pan sprayed with Fry Light sauté the leek, bacon and pepper until soft, once cooked divide this mixture between the ham cases and add some chopped chives.

Beat the eggs, quark and mustard together and season then divide between cases.

Top each quiche with half a cherry tomato (can use more if room) with seeded side facing up/

Stand the muffin tin in a deep baking tray half full of hot water and cook for around 30 minutes or until set.

Take the muffin tin out of the hot water and leave for 10-15 min to cool before removing from muffin tin.
Notes:

• Can be eaten hot or cold.
  • Free on Extra Easy and Red. Green varies depending on how much ham used for each
  • You can use any fillings you want; these are just the ones we like.

Hi Jo.
Tried this yesterday.........

Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 small tube of quark
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. Philadelphia soft cheese/ Cadbury Chocolate flavour (2 syn)
2 Rich Tea biscuits (crushed up) (3 syn)

Method

In a small bowl, crush the biscuits and add water. Just enough to stick the biscuits together, on greaseproof paper place a cooking ring and fill with the biscuit, press down then place in the fridge to chill.
In another bowl add the Philadelphia and as much quark as required to fill the cooking ring, mix well, add sweetener to taste, remove base from fridge, add mixture, return to fridge to set.
When ready to serve remove from the fridge and using a kitchen blow torch or hot tea towel placed round the ring, heat up the ring and carefully remove it and serve with fresh fruits.

Cheese Cake (Small).JPGCheese Cake-2 (Small).JPGCheese Cake-3 (Small).JPG

Wow that cheesecake looks fantastic, think I might try that out this wkend. Been looking for a way to include choc philly into something like this, and for 5 syns, well thats great. thanks:)

Back