Question about syns

storyjunkie

I am guilty of thinking like a Weight-watcher rather than a Slimming-worlder here, but can you carry syns across to the next day? How many? Only there's a bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge and I intend to drink quite a lot of it next weekend, or possibly before! Thanks! :)

yep I've heard it's ok to do it that way too :)

SW do not recommend it as it can lead to binging and you may find it hard going on the days when you use fewer syns

That said a lot of people do it successfully so the only way to find out if it works for you is to try it

I was under the impression it was ok to work with 70 syns a week. We even discuss this in class and some people do 10 a day some do 70 a week. It's all about choice and living as normal a life as possible within the constraints of the healthy eating plan.
It's a life long commitment not a short fix. That means accommodating and compromise.
I say have your wine and enjoy it ......... Dont feel in the least guilty about doing so .... Then compromise over the next few days
That way you won't feel deprived and have more chance on staying on the plan .
Fx

My consultant at my old group went MAD when people suggested "saving" their syns :p
She always thought it would lead to bingeing. But as people have said, as long as whatever you're doing works for you, then that's good.
And remember flexi-syns ;)

The thing is SW keep changing their mind so there is no consistent message and consultants all say different things!

Originally SW said you could not save your syns and that you should flexi syn for those once in a blue moon occasions

Then then changed it to say that you could do it as long as you did not mind feeling deprived on the low syn days

Then when the redesigned the website at the end of last year they backpedalled to the rather wishy washy statement that they do not recommend it!

So do what works for you!

Back