Step 1 Sole Source Sole Source (+ an egg) , Getting Lighter On Lockdown

Hi, nice to met you all. I'm on SS, started during lockdown with CD being dropped at my doorstep, so thought I'd document my experience here.

I'm a size 16 (from a 12) , after going into menopause age 36, 12 months after my first baby. The HRT and sugar cravings have been a slippery slope, as well as working from home, which has meant much less chance to move around. I did CD a few years ago and think got on well from memory, but I've got a good 3.5 stone to loose now and want to get back to being a small 12 so I have room for manoeuvre (well, holidays and festivals!)

To keep me focussed I've written a list of why I want to lose the weight. My writing is terrible, but I will take a screen shot. It'd be good to hear why everyone else is doing it too.

I love the idea of treats that I saw on another lady's post at set milestones. I've done similar, but have written clothes goals next to each month which I'm looking forward to getting into. So month 1 is my size 14 leather skirt, month 2 - TBC, month 3, a bikini from 5 years ago..

I'm on Day 2 SS - all fine so far, bar a few hunger pangs around 9 last night. Getting on well with the shakes- I add lots of ice in a blender (8 cubes) which make the shakes really quite nice. I also have a 2.2 litre water bottle by mamas fuel which has made it much easier to keep an eye on water intake. I usually drink 1 .5 of the bottle every day.. I think that's why I 've not had any side effects as of yet. But, there's still time.

Look forward to following your journey on here. Obvs not seeing the consultant for weigh ins during lockdown so can't report on weight stats loss but will do so when poss. Have a great week everyone

Sounds really good. I am on day 3 on CD. Went cold turkey on sole source and have a massive headache. Think this is due to changes with carbs and sugar. I wish you all the best.

Your story hits home as mine is very similar. Please keep me posted always good to see other people going through the same thing.

Sounds really good. I am on day 3 on CD. Went cold turkey on sole source and have a massive headache. Think this is due to changes with carbs and sugar. I wish you all the best.

Your story hits home as mine is very similar. Please keep me posted always good to see other people going through the same thing.

I wish you all the best, too. The headaches at the start are the worst aren’t they. I did the opposite of what I should’ve and had lots of carbs and sugar as a goodbye the day before! Big mistake, I felt rotten. My partner came in and saw i’d googled ‘can you die on the Cambridge Diet’ - and I’m not a know drama queen, but felt that bad! Hope you’ve come out the other side now.
I’ll start updating my weight loss on here chad to succumb to the ghastly scales) as I’m a bit further ahead and I found other people’s weight loss week on week really helpful. Good luck for a really good week.

Thank you, feeling so much better, day 5 and I have made it through a long weekend. I think my clothes are slightly looser or this might just be me making it up in my head but we'll see in 2 days. I really want loose the weight I have started so many diets it's actually rediculous. Please show me your updates for some reason I find writing all of this down helps me stay motivated.

Last edited:
Thinking of starting. Is it quick losses?
Hi, welcome. If you stick to it, then yes, very. They say on average stone a month- I've lost over 1.5st in the first month, but I think it'll drop to a stone a month from month 2 (I have between 3 and 3.5stone to lose). Good luck whatever you decide!
Thank you, feeling so much better, day 5 and I have made it through a long weekend. I think my clothes are slightly looser or this might just be me making it up in my head but we'll see in 2 days. I really want loose the weight I have started so many diets it's actually rediculous. Please show me your updates for some reason I find writing all of this down helps me stay motivated.
Have just added into my signature. Gosh it all feels real now. Far to go, but progress being made.

Thinking of starting. Is it quick losses?
Well I'm on my first week and have a weigh in tomorrow. Will give an update on where I am and what my loss was for the week. I think the biggest loss will kick in week2 and 3 when you have fully committed to it and stayed on track.

SOPIA - AMAZING LOSS 1.5 stone in qsr mo th is the dream. Keep going I am one of your biggest supporters

Well I'm on my first week and have a weigh in tomorrow. Will give an update on where I am and what my loss was for the week. I think the biggest loss will kick in week2 and 3 when you have fully committed to it and stayed on track.

SOPIA - AMAZING LOSS 1.5 stone in qsr mo th is the dream. Keep going I am one of your biggest supporters

I want to drop around 3st. I used to be 10st, 2 years ago. I've been slowly gaining. Now we are in lockdown, I've been going through old clothes. I'm surprised how small they look.

I'll have a think. Is it easy to stick to?

I want to drop around 3st. I used to be 10st, 2 years ago. I've been slowly gaining. Now we are in lockdown, I've been going through old clothes. I'm surprised how small they look.

I'll have a think. Is it easy to stick to?
The first week is horrible to be honest. I got some headaches and like food but found it surprisingly easier than expected. Going better after day 5 but first few days are hard.

The first week is horrible to be honest. I got some headaches and like food but found it surprisingly easier than expected. Going better after day 5 but first few days are hard.

Probably because your body is adjusting to not eating food.

I would love to fit back into my jeans.

Aha, found you :)

well done on five weeks :) you’re well away now. Glad to see it working so well for you :) excellent loss too. Glad we both got over the bleugh scale thing a little. The measuring definitely helps me most. And swapping to kilos not stones. Hope you like your new stuff. Only saw this diary for the first time today or I’d have popped in to chat :)

Redman,
The headaches are the body trying to encourage you to eat carbs as that’s the fuel source usually, but after a while it switches to using fatty tissue as fuel, hence the good, quick losses. You have to drink plenty of water to assist the kidneys to process all the ketones this mode creates. If you have any carbs or too many carbs it’ll bump you out of that mode and it’ll be hard again. The fat mode stops hunger sensations too so long as you don’t exercise lots, which you shouldn’t do on vlcd.

Ok thanks for the advice. I've tried cutting back, not snacking, etc and still not managed to get my weight down.

I'm tempted to try a VLCD

If you’re not much into the idea of vlcd you could look at keto diet which is basically the same principle as vlcd that do the whole fat burning mode, only you have real food not products. Just very low or no carbs. Think there’s an app called my keto. But vlcd definitely work and if you gradually work up calories and steps/stages slow enough to maintain , you don’t regain.

I like the idea of not feeling hungry. I'm hoping that by not having that feeling, then the weight loss will happen.

Hi, how's it all going?Sorry i've been so quiet. I've floated on and off the diet - I've maintained but thought should stay away while wasn't being totally focussed - I hope you're faring well, your losses so far are mega, well done

Back