Question! EE PLAN

I think it depends on when you are eating your cake!!
If you are having it for your lunch for example, then personally I can't see what difference it makes to eating a plate load off cous cous with a salad. If however, you are having a lunch and then having cous cous cake afterwards aswell, then maybe you need to consider counting it. On the hand, I think it depends on the indivdual, how your weight loss is progressing and possibly how much weight you have to lose. Often, its all about trial and error...what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Syns are counted as the flour is much less filling than the cous cous itself and so you would tend to eat more. Like the stewed fruit has more filling value when eaten whole and raw.

Syns are counted as the flour is much less filling than the cous cous itself and so you would tend to eat more. Like the stewed fruit has more filling value when eaten whole and raw.

But we are not using flour!!!! The whole cake is made with cous cous and therefore very filling Flour is synned because it has no filling power!!!
I have done SW for donkeys years and have never counted cous cous cake as syns and its never compromised my weight! As I said in my original post....its all down to the individual...what works for one may not work for another

Stop making cake out of weird stuff - cous cous, weetabix, bran flakes - it's just plain wrong.......!!!!

Melanie
(don't mess with da cake)

In the SW Four Seasons Cookbook, they use Polenta as flour to make syn free bread, so I don't see the problem!!

I've tried to find out why it is that you can substitute flour to make bread, but not cakes, but nobody seems to know!

this is what i wanted to know, the same thing with rice pudding... i asked my consultant but she didn't seem to give me a straight answer...
i said 'all the picture's in the book are mixing green and reds like gammon & chips, curry & rice... but what about if you just want something green for a snack like rice pudding or cous cous cake?

But we are not using flour!!!! The whole cake is made with cous cous and therefore very filling Flour is synned because it has no filling power!!!
I have done SW for donkeys years and have never counted cous cous cake as syns and its never compromised my weight! As I said in my original post....its all down to the individual...what works for one may not work for another

sorry, i read the bit about the cous cous wrong. was thinking it was ground cous cous!

this is what i wanted to know, the same thing with rice pudding... i asked my consultant but she didn't seem to give me a straight answer...
i said 'all the picture's in the book are mixing green and reds like gammon & chips, curry & rice... but what about if you just want something green for a snack like rice pudding or cous cous cake?
i know where your coming from laura what about seafood sticks???for a snackis that still free??:confused::confused:

All food that is free on red and green can be used as snacks. Carry on doing the same as before. The only difference between this plan and the red/green days are:-

You can now eat anything that is free on red and green together.

You only have 1 HEXA and 1HEXB.

Everything else is the same as if you are following a red or green day.

thanks sa,hope i didnt offend you last night by calling you font of all knowledge,thought about what i had typed and thought it might have been a bit rude...and it wasnt meant to have came across like that at all,all i meant was you are a great person and you are full of knowldge on the eating plan..
love and hugs hun
xxx

Of course you didnt! I am not easily offended so your ok there. I like to think I can be of some use :D

Back