Question - Why does water help weight loss

Tif

I need to know so i can trick my brain into drinking the horrid stuff :eek::eek:

Well, on such a vlcd you need to keep yourself hydrated as you arent eating much, so thats one thing - to stop yourself from getting dehydrated - but you already knew that...

And number two, you need to drink to flush out all of the toxins and the ketones, if you dont drink, where's all the weight gonna go?

I always say the more you drink the more weight you lose as the more you go to the toilet the more you are flushing away.....

Hard though isnt it, so rank sometimes i get bored of it!

Well i definately feel full!! I keep record of how much i drink by using old water bottles - i thought the one i had today was a 1.5 lt bottle - its not its 2 lts so ive had 4 ltrs in 5 hours :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

well its the only time i get chance to do it - is there any real problems with doing it all in one go?

Tif I tend to drink most of mine between 6pm and 9pm and as you can see, it's had no detrimental effect on my weight loss.

ace :D

A litre an hour surely isn't dangerous? That's two large glasses.

:sigh:now im worried!!:cry:

A litre an hour is fine, for a few hours, after all people do it down the pub every friday night!... it's when you're getting through more than 10+ litres a day everyday that you start to run into problems...
Your kidneys can only work so fast and you water log your cells, and this can changed your blood chemistry (your normal balance of electrolytes in the blood) that can cause a cardiac arrest.... So, yes, drink your water, but don't over do it!

You only need 2.5ltrs, so don't go crazy trying to fit in 4ltrs. Anything over 2.5ltrs just have if you're thirsty. You don't lose more weight the more you drink. It's just good to help hydrate you and can help to make you feel fuller.

One of the ways I managed to get through the water on my first time round was to use a concoction of green tea and the Cambridge water flavouring.

Make up a litre of green tea in a jug with 2 tea bags and let it steep for a a few minutes. Add half a teaspoon of water flavouring (I use summer fruits - yum yum) and then top this up with a litre of cold water. Decant into the sports style bottles and sip away while it is lukewarm or chill in the fridge for iced tea.

Now, it may sound vile and look like wee (especially in a sports bottle!), but it tastes really good and I find it really easy to chug down a litre in no time, especially lukewarm.

You only need 2.5ltrs, so don't go crazy trying to fit in 4ltrs. Anything over 2.5ltrs just have if you're thirsty. You don't lose more weight the more you drink. It's just good to help hydrate you and can help to make you feel fuller.

I agree with Liz. There's no proven evidence that "the more you drink, the more you shrink". If you don't fancy 4 ltrs., don't drink it. 2.5 ltrs. throughout the day is doable and doesn't seem such a chore.

Back