Question

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

I am at the stage of deciding what diet to do and I have done a few! I won't bore you with all the history.

Anyway wanted to know more about Atkins. Do you have to weigh and measure the foods out? I don't eat at home much due to long hours and where I am based it is not the norm plus cheaper to eat out!

I am looking for a diet that is straightforward and thought Atkins was about eating certain foods and not eating certain foods. Also isn't it unlimited quantity? Do you have to do the stages?

Feedback welcomed and appreciated.

Are you able to borrow the book from the library - unfortunately you can't eat unlimited amounts of any food that would just not be sensible. You do have to count the amount of carbs you eat but foods list the amounts they have and it's much easier than counting points or calories. I find mostly I don't need to weigh anything.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there. For legal food list take a look at the sticky - so you are thinking of starting atkins. You dont need to weigh but you do need to either be completely on induction list or count carbs. It's very easy to eat out on atkins as long as you can get simple steak/chicken/fish plus a salad. Pizza, pasta, noodle bars a bit tricky. Japanese very difficult as everything has sugar. Typically sauces dangerous!

Good luck whatever you decide

Back