Question!

Charisma

Silver Member
how come slimmin world doin advertise on telly. ive seen weight watchers and lighterlife and i thought slimming world would of been one of the better ones to advertise with so many success stories....
i am just curious :)

They do advertise on tv. I saw their ad the other day, they were offering half price registration.
Im sure they would get more members if the offered 'registration is free' like WW does tho!!

thats true actually I havent seen any for slimming world! I only came across slimming world by posting on a forum what was the best diet and this one was the only one people mentioned lol.
x

really i have never ever seen them advertise anywhere i only found out about it on here then found out my mum had already tried it. i see weight watchers one alot tho!!

I have seen adverts but not often. I don't think they need to though as they are the only plan with government backing so people get referred by their doctors

Just thought that I would add, I saw an advert for SW in a ladies magazine and I think they also advertise in Newspapers.

but if you get referred there i thought you got it free so they would make no money if they only did it that way

the do make money because the NHS pay for you to attend 12 weeks at class, it just means that YOU dont pay for it.

they also advertise in glossy mags like love it and woman ect.

The advertise every week in the local press here. I heard about them from the success stories in weekly mags. Same with Cambridge and Lighter Life. Although, I have noticed that on Living TV, the first ad in the ad break during America's Next Top Model, they have a LL advert. I think it could lead to a lot of trouble because young girls who are not overweight will buy the stuff off of Ebay etc.

i typed in slimming world on ebay earlier and hundreds of slimming pills came up!! its so dangerous buying stuff like that online but young girls will try anything to look like the celebs

i typed in slimming world on ebay earlier and hundreds of slimming pills came up!! its so dangerous buying stuff like that online but young girls will try anything to look like the celebs

My mate bought some herbal ones off Ebay. All she got was wind and an empty bank account!

i wouldnt even concider putting something in my mouth that i bought from a stranger off the internet!!

Same here. I got a serious food poisoning last year and I was on hospital on a drip for a week and it took me a good month to get my strength back. So now I am so careful about what I eat etc.

i had food poisoning from burgerking once and was in hospital on a drip too!! never eaten there since

Not too sure where I got mine from but it was nasty. I have never been so ill in my life.

Most importantly, they advertise using huge banners and posters outside the class venue so people can see that it is in their area. Also I had a leaflet put through my door a few weeks ago!

I tried some tablets off the internet through a well known UK shop (dont know if you can mention names on here)about 6 months ago, I was desperate for a quick fix, took the tablets 1st thing in the morning and about midday, had to stop taking them as the made me feel very odd, driving to work about an hour after taking them was far too dangerous for me, I found myself very gittery and quite a wreckless driver (Normally i would only overtake if there was a tractor driving 5mph and about a mile infront clear and still be scared whitless) becoming more and more impatient with other drivers. The weight didn't shift in the slightest, if anything my apetite increase because my body was in overdrive. Nievity with those kind of products are putting peoples lives at risk and I would warn anybody against them. xx (sorry if i just jumped on my soap box ) Lol.

Back