Quick question for 1000 planners

ruthontheedge

Been on 1000 plan since monday - finding it not too bad. I have actually been surprised how much you can have when you weigh things out.

I had new potatoes and white fish last night.when i weighed the potatoes out there must have been about 10 potatoes (little ones granted) i didn't eat all of them as i felt full enough. Will this be a problem?

Also sometimes i get the real picky cravings through the day and i have had an apple mid morning - will this cause problems?

Also.... for my lunch i like my CD cranberry bar and a piece of fruit (apple or orange). Do you think having so much fruit is going to cause weight gain?

I go to the gym twice a week and also an aerobics class twice and i had a banana just before i went to gym as i feld a little lightheaded. was alright once working out and i'm drinking about 4 litres a day.

Sorry to waffle on but as i'm new to this maintenance malarky so i could use some guideance.

Thanks

xxxx

As long as you are sticking to the plan you will be fine. So if instead of breakfast meal, you are having 150 cal of fruit and spreading it out throughout the day I dont see the problem...anyone else?

Be careful if you are adding to the plan, it can be dangerous territory if you are new to it. I can vouch for that, as I have struggled for the last month, with sticking to it, making silly choices like substituting calories for different foods, when clearly emotionally I was not ready for that.

Yep I agree with what Raquel has said, as long as the fruit fits in with your 1000 plan, then there should be no problem, maybe if you are finding it hard to eat all the potatoes in the evening, it might be worth chopping them up and having them cold with your salad at lunch time... that way you will be getting all your calories, no point being on the 1000 plan if you are not eating the 1000, otherwise once you move up to 1200 you may well put on weight because of the bigger difference.

Well got weighed last night and stayed the same which i was happy with as i am trying to maintain what i have lost. If i loose another few pounds i will be happy but if not its no biggy.

I said to my counsellor i may have overdone the fruit situation - turned into a bit of a fruit bat!! LOL so this week gonna stick EXACTLY to the plan and make sure i just have the fruits in my allowance and on the list - no deviation.

Went to the gym last night and burned 200cals on treadmill with combo of walking on gradient and running in bursts - does anyone know if this is still effective as i can't seem to run for long - my feet seem to get knotted up!!?? but walking on a hill seems to still get me sweating.

xxxx

Fruit tends to have a lot of carbohydrate, so maybe overdoing the fruit is not so good as the carbs will be high, just keep a check on what you eat and make sure you dont exceed it, I have found that I can have 100g strawberries and 100g raspberries for just over 50 calories and that is quite a lot of fruit, so pick something like this if you want to eat lots of it...

Back