Quick Question - something very close to my heart...

LV30

Gold Member
... pink wine (or to be more specific White Zinfandel).

I'm thinking of starting SW either tonight or next week, but the question I have, which I need to know the answer BEFORE I start, is how many syns in a bottle of White Zinfandel? I go out about every fortnight and a normally have a bottle and a half (sometimes two on a really good night!!).

Can I still do this on SW?! Can i save my syns for this kinda thing? I know it's a shallow thing to ask, but I don't want to have to give my wine up!! lol

I can be more-or-less teetotal the rest of the time, not bothered drinking in the house... but I do like my pink wine when I go out...!!
:party0036:
Thanks!
Lynne
x

Rose wine is 9 syns per 250ml glass, which would be 27 syns per bottle (dry white is 8 per 250ml, red 8.5).

I regularly have a bottle of red wine Friday night, and have no syns/minimal syns for a couple of days beforehand. It works for me, but I would keep an eye on your losses as you go, as everyone is different.

I always have a bottle of wine on a Friday night, I don't really like chocolate or crisps so the wine is my treat for the week. I weigh-in on a Thursday eve so straight away I wipe 28 syns from my 70 and use the remaining 42 for things such as sauces, low fat sausages, etc. so far has not effected my losses but that could be because I have it the day after weigh-in.

I think that is the key - if you're gonna have one treat, forego another. My consultant said you could save syns for special occasions, so maybe you could undercut by 5 a day as a starter and see how you go from there.
Once a.fortnight doesn't sound too bad though - it's the nightly bottle of wine that will do for you!

Mmmm thought it was too good to be true. Did u have some - did it taste ok?!

Im not not drinking this weekend... Will be next weekend tho. Better get saving those syns!

Lx

The consultant at my group said that what can work is basically thinking of it as having 15 syns before midnight and 15 after, allowing you to have a few drinks through the night and just making your days syn free on either side. Will see how that worked for me on my night out last night!

Sw will be ideal as its flexible. If I were you id have my wine once a fornight then the next day draw a line and move on. Thats why sw has flexi syns x

Good plan! I'm out next Friday. But my partner is off too (which only happens 1 weekend out of 3) and he's been on about going on an all dayer on Saturday as well. Well he's on about going shopping to Cardiff... But I know what that means - he'll buy a pair of trainers and spend the rest of the time in the pub!

As problems go, it's not a biggie! I'll cross that bridge when i come to it!

Hope u r all having a good weekend.

Lx

Back