Quick Question!!

East_Star

Was just wondering if I shud start taking Senokot in order to prevent constipation or can u only take it to help with when ur constipated??

Oh and shud I take Senokot max strength or the regular senokot tablets???

Cheers Guys

Sarah xxx

My sister takes one senakot a night, it helps to regulate you! so yes take one a night, and it will be soft, enough said lol!

I dont think I would take senakot to prevent constipation, its a bit harsh, I am taking fiber sure daily and thats really good and would highly recommend taking that to prevent constipation

I dont think I would take senakot to prevent constipation, its a bit harsh, I am taking fiber sure daily and thats really good and would highly recommend taking that to prevent constipation

Yes, so agree with Hedgehog.

Senokot is for relieving constipation, not for preventing it. You need something more gentle to prevent it happening in the first place eh Psyllium Husk, fibresure.

Senkot isn't for regular use. It's a stimulant laxative and could reduce the sensations of the intestine, which can end up with you being laxative dependant and having to take it all the time.

Much better to take a preventative.

cheers guys xx

i have the pysillam husk capsules from holland and barreet and movicol sachets. i only use laxatives as a last resort if after having the other 2 theres been no movement in a week because as kd says it can make the bowels lazy and end up laxitive dependant which im sure cant be nice

Yes, so agree with Hedgehog.

Senokot is for relieving constipation, not for preventing it. You need something more gentle to prevent it happening in the first place eh Psyllium Husk, fibresure.

Senkot isn't for regular use. It's a stimulant laxative and could reduce the sensations of the intestine, which can end up with you being laxative dependant and having to take it all the time.

Much better to take a preventative.
Ditto

A bit of information on Psyllium Husks

Psyllium Husk
Psyllium is a soluble fiber used primarily as a gentle bulk-forming laxative. It comes from the plant plantain which produces tiny, gel-coated seeds. Psyllium husk is derived from these odorless, tasteless seeds.
When Psyllium husk comes in contact with water, it swells and forms a gelatinous mass that stimulates the transport of waste through the intestinal tract.
Psyllium Husk and Diet & Detox: Psyllium is a convenient way to increase fibre intake, and support your diet. Psyllium is a bulking agent with a high mucilage content which plays an important role in maintaining healthy colon cleansing. The soluble fibre found in psyllium husks plays an important role in lowering cholesterol. Psyllium may also help healthy blood sugar levels of insulin and glucose to aid fat metabolism. Early research shows that dietary psyllium supplementation may help to increase the excretion of fat in the stool.
· psyllium husk eliminates waste from the body
· psyllium husk increases feeling of satiety (fullness)
· pysllium husk may increase the excretion of fat in the stool
· psyllium may normalise blood glucose and insulin
Psyllium Husk and Digestive Health: Psyllium is a bulk-forming laxative and is high in both fiber and mucilage. Psyllium seeds contain 10–30% mucilage for normal bowel health.
Constipation: Psyllium husk is a useful remedy for constipation because it can increase bowel movements per day, and decrease total gut transit time, especially for:
· inadequate fibre intake from modern western fast-food diets
· a sedentary lifestyle
I mix a couple of teaspoons into half my breakfast shake every day which I put into a bowl and its a bit like a porridge. :D

Back