quinoa porridge

eejayess

Hi, can anyone tell me how to make quinoa porridge, what's it like, and where can you buy it from? Thank you.

eejayess said:
Hi, can anyone tell me how to make quinoa porridge, what's it like, and where can you buy it from? Thank you.

You can't actually buy quinoa porridge but it is simple to make. I made mine with rinsed quinoa and soya milk. Put into a pan and bring to the boil, stirring regularly. When it boils turn down to a low heat and simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes or so. I add maple syrup, a little brown sugar and some cinnamon or mixed spice but you could add fruit or sweeten it how you like. I made a batch last night, put into the fridge in portions and added a little extra milk before microwaving it to reheat. It worked out at 3 syns per portion.

Sorry quantities re vague, I'll have to work out a proper recipe! Also of you can't fid quinoa in the supermarket any health food shop should have it :)

(I submitted the recipe, but it's waiting for approval.)

Just reporting back on how this is: YUMMY. Really good!! Maybe even better than oat porridge actually. Quinoa doesn't have a strong flavour, and the texture was nice- not as gooey as oats.

This recipe says it has 2 servings, but I ate 3/4 of the whole thing. Total, 3 syns with the vanilla (1 tsp = 1 syn) and maple syrup (1 tbsp = 2 syns).

One different from the recipe I submitted. First, I didn't need all the soy milk so I kept some aside, and then added it after.

I'd deffo do it again, as Agent44 says - and do a batch, and reheat each morning. That sounds like a good idea!

GzaJIl.jpg

Bonus: the pan is easier to clean. Porridge usually sticks to my pan.

Back